Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: U18 Div 2 Championships

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    A phantom drafter who does a bit more research than walking down the road to your local TAC cup game

Knightmares AFL draft wrap NEAFL midfielder Jordan Keras continues to dominate
    Knightmare is a very astute Phantom Drafter, should be on someones recruiting staff. FWIW I reckon he was a rap for Ronke last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Knightmare is a very astute Phantom Drafter, should be on someones recruiting staff. FWIW I reckon he was a rap for Ronke last year.
    I agree, I like him to. Was surprised he didn't get taken in the ND. Can play forward as that's where he played until moved to the midfield so has some versatility.

Veterans List
    Just to help anyone who is watching the Allies game on Saturday here is every Allies player with their number

Allies - M.afl.com.au
    Seems to be last years squad?

Good that it's being televised though, I wonder if they will all be from now or whether it depends on venue and therefore broadcast infrastructure?

Also just on the list of Allies players I posted a link for Thomas is an academy player for Norf & Olango is part o Hawthorns academy.

Veterans List
    Also just on the list of Allies players I posted a link for Thomas is an academy player for Norf & Olango is part o Hawthorns academy.
    How much have those clubs had to do with their development that gives them rights to draft them? These academies are an outrage!

Seems to be last years squad?

Good that it's being televised though, I wonder if they will all be from now or whether it depends on venue and therefore broadcast infrastructure?
    No definitely 2017, under Allies it's says 2017.

Broadcast games are as follows

Round 2:
    SA v Allies June 17 10.10am

Round 4:
    VC v WA June 30 2.10pm
    VM v SA June 30 4.40pm

Round 5
    VM v Allies July 5 2.10pm
    VC v SA July 5 4.40pm

How much have those clubs had to do with their development that gives them rights to draft them? These academies are an outrage!
    Olango I have no issue with, not taken in last years draft so everybody had a chance to take him. Would like to know if say Rogers will get the same opportunity if not drafted this year and be fully eligible with Sydney in 2018. I'm not holding my breath on that one. Thomas has had regular training/contact with Norf but has not had nowhere near the years that the northern clubs have had to have with their academy players. Rediculous. Plus like I've said before why is he in a Norf academy when he's from Launceston n Norf don't play there but Hawthorn does. Taking out the years in academy factor he should be a Hawthorn academy product.

Sorry 707 it is 2016. I'm out at the moment n on my phone, I have the 2017 here

Allies - M.afl.com.au

Again I apologise.

Veterans List
    Sorry 707 it is 2016. I'm out at the moment n on my phone, I have the 2017 here

Allies - M.afl.com.au

Again I apologise.
    No apology needed, thank you! Good list with not only numbers but also height, weight, club etc

No apology needed, thank you! Good list with not only numbers but also height, weight, club etc
    Yeh I was comparing last years squad to this years that's how I put the wrong link in. I think it'll help a lot of people watching on Saturday.

There should be the same tests applied as to the Northern Academies.

I'm prone to outrage at the AFL but this doesn;t bother me too much. I do think the AFL has an issue with diversity, notwithstanding the indenous representation. To a large extent it is still an anglo saxon private school sport so if we can get Africans and Asians playing the game that's great.

And if it takes some heat off the northern academies that is great too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    There should be the same tests applied as to the Northern Academies.

I'm prone to outrage at the AFL but this doesn;t bother me too much. I do think the AFL has an issue with diversity, notwithstanding the indenous representation. To a large extent it is still an anglo saxon private school sport so if we can get Africans and Asians playing the game that's great.

And if it takes some heat off the northern academies that is great too.
    If eventually it gets to the same 5 years it's not a huge issue now but If it stays at basically 2 years it is ATM it's a joke. How easy would it be to cherry pick the best indigenous talent in Australia move them to your academy for 2 years then have access to them. If left unchecked I've got no doubt it'll happen. Imagine a resource rich club like Collingwood going to the under 16 titles n offering the best indigenous talent from all the states & the flying boomerangs to move to their academy zone in NT with the promise of a spot on an AFL list. This how the rorting of zoning occurred.