Page 286 of 529 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,432 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    The player I think we should pursue next year is Aaron Naughton. Post Buddy, we need a top forward who can also help improve our presence in the Sydney market and he would be ideal. What would it take to get him? Could we fit him in our cap?
    If the Dogs win tonight, he might be gettable.....but do we really want that?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    If the Dogs win tonight, he might be gettable.....but do we really want that?
    No, we don’t! But if they don’t win tonight, they won’t have a chance against us next few years!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    The player I think we should pursue next year is Aaron Naughton. Post Buddy, we need a top forward who can also help improve our presence in the Sydney market and he would be ideal. What would it take to get him? Could we fit him in our cap? Darcy Moore is a fantastic player but wouldn’t have the same excitement factor, though I’d be more than happy to have him.
    I'd be more inclined to start to build a forward line around Logan McDonald. Besides, I think we'd have to give up an awful lot to get Naughton. After just getting the farm back post-Buddy, we might have to remortgage it.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They will both be tied to SA clubs as Next Generation players. O'Loughlin is tied to the Crows. Not sure about Wanganeed-Milera (and haven't gone to look it up). That means that any club that wants to be sure to get them would have to draft them in the first 19 picks (or is it 20 picks?). After that, their "host" club has the right to match a bid. Of course, there's a chance that a bid wouldn't be matched if it were early in the second round.

I watched bits and pieces of this afternoon's U19 curtain raiser game, and BOL looked pretty good. I see he was awarded BOG honours for SA for the game. The position he played today (assuming that's his preferred or most natural position) isn't one where we've got anything coming through the squad at the moment, so he would fill a needs gap more than a vanilla midfielder. I guess it depends on whether there are any taller prospects around that same spot in the draft who fill a more important list hole.
    I believe they can't match inside the first 40 picks Liz so they should definitely both be taken before then surely!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I'd be more inclined to start to build a forward line around Logan McDonald. Besides, I think we'd have to give up an awful lot to get Naughton. After just getting the farm back post-Buddy, we might have to remortgage it.
    Exactly. Back Logan.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I believe they can't match inside the first 40 picks Liz so they should definitely both be taken before then surely!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Inside the first 20 this year. It extends to first 40 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They will both be tied to SA clubs as Next Generation players. O'Loughlin is tied to the Crows. Not sure about Wanganeed-Milera (and haven't gone to look it up). That means that any club that wants to be sure to get them would have to draft them in the first 19 picks (or is it 20 picks?). After that, their "host" club has the right to match a bid. Of course, there's a chance that a bid wouldn't be matched if it were early in the second round.

I watched bits and pieces of this afternoon's U19 curtain raiser game, and BOL looked pretty good. I see he was awarded BOG honours for SA for the game. The position he played today (assuming that's his preferred or most natural position) isn't one where we've got anything coming through the squad at the moment, so he would fill a needs gap more than a vanilla midfielder. I guess it depends on whether there are any taller prospects around that same spot in the draft who fill a more important list hole.
    From what I can make out, Wanganeen-Milera is not tied to any club. Which seems a bit odd, but none of the articles on draft prospects, mention anything about him being a NGA prospect. Nor is he a father son, as his father Terry Milera only played 30 games for St Kilda.

On a slight tangent, I'm not sure if the SA defender that I'm keen on, Leek Alleer, is a NGA or not? He seems to have been a prospect for Adelaide, when he was 18, but since he badly broke his leg back then, they didn't draft him. So I'm not sure if they retain any NGA privileges, now that he's 20 and looking likely to be drafted?

Suspended by the MRP
    Yes we have the young talent there . Just needs to be fostered

Mcdonald could anchor a forward line , got a good head on his shoulders , smart player , skilful .

As for the silly talk of needing Heeney to be our Petracca , we have one , his name is Chad warner , he is doing things in his first 15 games Petracca could only dream of doing .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Yes we have the young talent there . Just needs to be fostered

Mcdonald could anchor a forward line , got a good head on his shoulders , smart player , skilful .

As for the silly talk of needing Heeney to be our Petracca , we have one , his name is Chad warner , he is doing things in his first 15 games Petracca could only dream of doing .
    I tend to think that if we back our young talent in to the team, in their right positions, then there's more of a chance of keeping this group together.

I agree with you about Warner and Heaney. Leave Warner in the engine room. I think Heaney's role (with stints in the guts) should primarily be forward, but I hope that Campbell in 2022 works his way into the mids.

Veterans List
    I think Campbell was played off half back due to his light frame. I expect him to be in the midfield at the start of the season.

Suspended by the MRP
    I hope that Campbell in 2022 works his way into the mids.
    He will

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I think Campbell was played off half back due to his light frame. I expect him to be in the midfield at the start of the season.
    I suspect it was part his light frame, and part it is not a bad role to play during your development years on an AFL list to 'round out' your capability - in much the same Mills spent quite a bit of time down there. If Dawson was not leaving I would have suspected he will play a lot more in the midfield group, but wonder because of that development whether he might have a bit more time off the half back flank then suspected.

Going to be very interesting watching him and Errol development. Errol the flashier player of the two, but I sense in Campbell there may be more leadership qualities in him. I suspect both will become close to elite, if not elite footballers in time.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."