Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The media is starting to take notice

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Guess what? We don't care what you hope.
    No need to be so harsh Cruiser.... Even though he's a Wee Girl supporter there's no need to crucify his every comment... (Justy quietly, I think his team is puting him through more pain and suffering than we ever could)

If I would chose a team to win over Sydney... Out of the contenders this year I'd have to go the Doggies too...

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    On the Tigers BF site last night a supporter was bemoaning the fact that Foley had 1 effective disposal, the goal he kicked. J Bowden a better player, hardly. Best for them by a mile was Newman.
    I thought Deledio was their best.....

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Guess what? We don't care what you hope.
    Don't respond to my post then.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    My thoughts exactly. There are hundreds of comments on here I don't care about. Especially the ones that rubbish our gun McVeigh
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by FIGJAM View Post
    If you come to a Swans fan site and post a message telling us that you hope that the Western Bulldogs win the premiership rather than Sydney then you should expect some response.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Warning: post may offend

I feel so dirty saying this, but I actually wouldn't mind a 'Pies flag, only because I like the way they play. They play a brand of footy not dissimilar to us when they are on song, with the solid defensive/contested footy skills characteristic of Malthouse-coached teams, but play with a fair amount of flair as well. And they haven't really tanked to get to where they are as the Hawks have...I think they are more of a 'team' than Hawthorn. Of course, them winning would mean Rocca getting a medal (ugh!) but on the bright side, but at least Davo got his first

Though if we can't win it, it's the 'Dogs for me. Pies maybe just behind, unless Brisbane keeps up their good form.

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post

I feel so dirty saying this, but I actually wouldn't mind a 'Pies flag. They play a brand of footy not dissimilar to us when they are on song, with the solid defensive/contested footy skills characteristic of Malthouse-coached teams, but play with a fair amount of flair as well. And they haven't really tanked to get to where they are as the Hawks have...I think they are more of a 'team' than Hawthorn. Of course, them winning would mean Rocca getting a medal (ugh!) but on the bright side, but at least Davo got his first

Though if we can't win it, it's the 'Dogs for me. Pies maybe just behind, unless Brisbane keeps up their good form.
    I'm with you there Xie Shan, if we can't, I hope it's the Pies. They were certainly the 2nd best side last year and I think it would have been a great GF if it had been them against the Cats.
    I just hope if we do make it to "The last day in September", it's NOT the Pies that we face.

I'd prefer 'Pies to Hawthorn. Collingwood are less annoying these days IMO.

Of the current eight I would go for Swans, 'Dogs, Geelong, Brisbane, 'Pies, Adelaide, Hawthorn, NM.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post

I feel so dirty saying this, but I actually wouldn't mind a 'Pies flag, only because I like the way they play. They play a brand of footy not dissimilar to us when they are on song, with the solid defensive/contested footy skills characteristic of Malthouse-coached teams, but play with a fair amount of flair as well. And they haven't really tanked to get to where they are as the Hawks have...I think they are more of a 'team' than Hawthorn. Of course, them winning would mean Rocca getting a medal (ugh!) but on the bright side, but at least Davo got his first

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I'm with you there Xie Shan, if we can't, I hope it's the Pies. They were certainly the 2nd best side last year and I think it would have been a great GF if it had been them against the Cats.
    I just hope if we do make it to "The last day in September", it's NOT the Pies that we face.
    You two can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned......

Collingwood??? Collingwood???? That's just crazy talk....

Personally, I want Eddie to be the only Collingwood president to never win a flag.....

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post

Personally, I want Eddie to be the only Collingwood president to never win a flag.....
    Right on brother!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post

Ditto
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Sorry guys, I guess I'm just less hate-filled than the average footy fan.

Couldn't even muster much hatred for West Coast in Round 4 this year, given they were travelling pretty horribly at that point. I think I have more reason to dislike North, echoing Liz's post.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast