Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V The Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Not at all surprised. I think Horse means what he says about not treating this game as a walkover. He knows this team really well - or should, since he's been around them all these years - and hopefully therefore knows something about how their collective mind works. I wonder if he looks at the way we let the Tigers roll us in what should have been an easier game than the one before and believes that this is not a playing group that can play well if they're not mentally switched on for a tough contest. Hard to sell that message if you start resting your strongest players.
    But we didn't rest anyone for the Tigers clash. The players just had a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Gee you were on the money Mr Magoo. Even close with White now as first emergency. I think others may be right on parker not being sub though as may be better to let him start and sub him out if he runs out of puff with the lack of match fitness.
    He has played virtually two in the McGoo's and he looked pretty match ready to me last week. His kicking which is normally almost perfect was a little astray on a couple of occasions but other than that he was the real deal. Liked him and Mitchell running together out of the CC very dangerous.

You can understand why the club wants this. TDLs size is never going to allow him to be a regular four goals in a game type player. He can probably at the top level be relied on to kick maybe two or three in a game at best so unless hes doing a lot of the other important things like tackling and putting pressure on the half backs etc then he really isnt that much value.

Good on him for working on his game to a point where he is forcing changes in a winning team.
    Most half forwards are only expected to kick on average 2 goals/game. If you get a 4 or 5 goal game out of them even occasionally they are probably going to be BOG. Milne last week kicked I think 5 but he doesn't do that every week and he does average slightly more than most HFFers as does Stevie J. If a half forward or forward pocket kicks two they have done their job as long as they are able to keep the ball in the area and keep it alive. In other words tackle and smother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Help?
    Sorry, I didn't realise that when you said a number of posts you meant one that you posted.

My comment still stands that the discussion on this thread is meant to be on subject, so about the changes for this week against the suns.

Sorry that you can't see the funny side of it.

On the other side of things, I agree that Pyke is now way more than just a project player.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't realise that when you said a number of posts you meant one that you posted.

My comment still stands that the discussion on this thread is meant to be on subject, so about the changes for this week against the suns.

Sorry that you can't see the funny side of it.
    There were a number, I just quoted one to help out. Don't be dispirited, I found it hilarious.

There were a number, I just quoted one to help out. Don't be dispirited, I found it hilarious.
    Cool, so we're back to square 1!

BTW I quite like Pyke and what he has achieved in such a short time. Especially the goal against WCE. Very clever.

Cool, so we're back to square 1!

BTW I quite like Pyke and what he has achieved in such a short time. Especially the goal against WCE. Very clever.
    I also think pyke has come a long way and provides a great second ruck/forward option. His combination with mummy is very good indeed.

I also think pyke has come a long way and provides a great second ruck/forward option. His combination with mummy is very good indeed.
    Yep, the combination of two young athletic big men is almost un beatable.

Yep, the combination of two young athletic big men is almost un beatable.
    They both have very good second efforts. It is unusual to have 2 ruckman who can also compete solidly when the ball is on the deck. Cox and natanuii are the only other combo who do the same. Not suggesting mike is nicnats equivalent though

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Anyone else surprised that we are not resting one or two for a game against the Suns? IMHO this is our strongest team of the year.
    Collingwood are resting Jolly, Sidebottom, O'Brien and Thomas against GWS. I guess Horse must value continuity above all. Which makes me think Everitt may find it difficult to break back into the squad.
    I think the may be wary that we still have a tendency (evident earlier in the season and quarters here and there) where we can go missing. But naming TDL and White as 1st emergency shows a little relaxation of the defensive side.

Read carefully - I didnt say average 4 goals - i dont know if Plugger even averaged 4 goals, what I said was someone who can regularly (lets say 4 or 5 times a year ) have a four goal plus game. TDL so far is a one goal a game player who will bob up four or five times a year and kick two or three. This may change with time but hes no gorilla forward so he needs more strings to his bow.
    I took the words 'regular' and 'average' to mean the same thing.

Plugger averaged a touch over 4 a game.

They both have very good second efforts. It is unusual to have 2 ruckman who can also compete solidly when the ball is on the deck. Cox and natanuii are the only other combo who do the same. Not suggesting mike is nicnats equivalent though
    I thought Myke took the points off NicNat quite convincingly after some clever coaching and tactics, Nic's influence on the game was about zero
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh