Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 V Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Jetta is a must if fit. I think he is trying to be more measured in his play apart from just using his pace.
    I agree, if fit, he easily holds his place.

But I think he's lost a few yards, as a result of beefing up.

Added to this, he was run down a few times early in the season, which probably dented his confidence in being able to just take off.

But his game is evolving nicely, he's a much more rounded player, he is taking marks, sticking tackles, and his vision and field kicking is excellent.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Veterans List
    Goodes has been cleared ????.

And now there are callers having a go at the decision. Here we go again!

Brereton is actually sticking up for him!

From MRP statement:

"The match day report against Sydney?s Adam Goodes for rough conduct against Geelong?s Joel Selwood was assessed. The ball is loose following a boundary throw in and has bounced high in the air. Both players have their eyes on the ball, Selwood taps the ball forward and Goodes jumps in an attempt to contest the ball and braces for contact. Contact is made. It was the view of the panel the contact made was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken."

4 Days since the match and no word on Rampe's injury. I take that as a positive sign that it's nothing too serious.

Seems a fairly clear MRP statement to me. Hocking got off too so it's not just Goodes who was cleared.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    4 Days since the match and no word on Rampe's injury. I take that as a positive sign that it's nothing too serious.
    Post match Horse seemed to think he was fine

Rampe wasn't listed in the injury wrap up on the Sunday footy shows, not that it means much though.
    Will be vital for us against Port, as will McVeigh and Shaw matching up on the small forwards...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Regular in the Side
    jetta is doing fine ... just a bit different ... it is we who have to adjust ... not him... I don't get the "love affair" some have with Rohan ... maybe he can develop into a HBF but for him to play anywhere he has to start getting some ball ... enough excuses.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    jetta is doing fine ... just a bit different ... it is we who have to adjust ... not him... I don't get the "love affair" some have with Rohan ... maybe he can develop into a HBF but for him to play anywhere he has to start getting some ball ... enough excuses.
    Did you see the match being streamed? Some good action shots of Rohan.

And I think you're right about Jetta.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Suspended by the MRP
    If Rampe is not injured then I think they will go for no changes. Lloyd and Cunningham will swap the Subs vest.

Pyke will probably need a week in the reserves. The reserves ruck division of Pyke, Naismith and Toby N is ridicules.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Pyke will probably need a week in the reserves. The reserves ruck division of Pyke, Naismith and Toby N is ridicules.
    I know we sometimes have 'two up' ruck work, but 'three up' would be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Me neither. For a player playing in defence in a team that won comfortably (ie the ball spent more of the time at the other end of the ground), and a team that demands (and receives) a pretty even contribution from all players, his contribution was good I thought. I am not advocating a recall to the senior team but he seems to be gaining in confidence in a new role and has been far from "poor" in any game I've seen him play in the NEAFL this year.
    Poor probably a little harsh but I expected him to carve up at NEAFL level and he got caughy way too often with the ball for my liking.

I'm a Rohan fan though and sure he will come good, agree that him off the HBF could be something going forward

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I know we sometimes have 'two up' ruck work, but 'three up' would be interesting!
    I would really like to see Naismith given his opportunity sooner rather than later in the Ones. Then again Derrickx is doing a surprisingly effective job at the moment and my early season ridicule has turned to respect

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast