Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Round 10 Swans vs. Suns

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Whats the point of being flat-track bullies?. North would have beaten GC by more than 50 points, but get thrashed in finals.

It was slippery, so a thrashing could only be acheived by hard body on body desperation. That leads to tiredness and injury. I'm sure in a dry day we would have beat them by more. Isnt 50 points in the wet, equivalent to 80 in the dry ?

What's the point? Percentage, I guess. Competitive mindset. Gameplan execution. Psychological advantage. There are a few points.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    What's the point? Percentage, I guess. Competitive mindset. Gameplan execution. Psychological advantage. There are a few points.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    One good thing is we seem to be managing injuries pretty well
    Bruise free footy makes this possible...............

Long Term Injury List
    I have just returned from the Gold Coast and have been reading the thread. One thing I noticed at the game which may account for some of the kicking to the opposition. The players seemed to be kicking to the jumper, i.e. red. In the replay you may even catch Luke Parker go to high five a player only to realise it was a GC player. I'm not saying it was the only reason for the turnovers but I'm sure it would explain some.
    Last edited by baskin; 9th June 2015 at 09:48 PM.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    I have just returned from the Gold Coast and have been reading the thread. One thing I noticed at the game which may account for some of the kicking to the opposition. The players seemed to be kicking to the jumper, i.e. red. In the replay you may even catch Luke Parker go to high five a player only to realise it was a GC player. I'm not saying it was the only reason for the turnovers but I'm sure it would explain some.
    Interesting point...I hadn't considered that!

I'm not sure why everyone is surprised and outraged that we're not having 100+ point wins, we've very rarely been that type of team in recent times. As long as we back it up with a win this week then there's no issue.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Interesting point...I hadn't considered that!

I'm not sure why everyone is surprised and outraged that we're not having 100+ point wins, we've very rarely been that type of team in recent times. As long as we back it up with a win this week then there's no issue.
    In the end, that's the be all and end all of it.

It is a very important game this weekend, to turn at 9-2 and puts us well and truly in the box seat for a top 2 finish, especially as our draw in the 2nd half of the season is fairly kind in terms of away trips, with the only toughies being West Coast and Geelong Away.

A loss however and it brings us back to the pack a bit - in particular the Hawks. I'd love to go into our game against the Hawks later in the year still 2 games clear, as we could all but shut the door on them finishing top 2 (Assuming Freo continue to go well) by beating them.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Last year we won 6 games by more than 10 goals, two of those were over 70 points and one was over 100 points. We also won 1 game by 50. But we Don't smash teams? The old ugly duckling Swans didn't, the swans of recent years are more than capable of handing out a solid belting. In saying that, Total winning margin is irrelevant but we played @@@@ against the Gold Coast, as fans we like to see them play well. That wasn't a good performance, see what Horse thought about the performance.

Regular in the Side
    You get it Melbourne Blood ... so many don't ... I hope the players "get it" and some of our skill coaches start earning their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    You get it Melbourne Blood ... so many don't ... I hope the players "get it" and some of our skill coaches start earning their money.
    Smile Gary, we're 8-2 and second on the ladder.

I just hope our players are half as pissed off as your are

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Smile Gary, we're 8-2 and second on the ladder.

I just hope our players are half as pissed off as your are
    10-0 would put us in a better position

Percentage may be worth it's weight in gold this year.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I'm the only person at this club that cares about percentage and how important it is at the pointy end of the season.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Well we played better than Freo are - all you need is to keep on winning then % is irrelevant

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast