Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 6 V Gold Coast Suns

So Hickey and Franklin out. On top of this, Horse has hinted that McDonald might need a break. I think Campbell could do with one too - did some nice things the other night but just struggling to get involved.
    Ins Sinclair McLean Rowbottom Stephens
    Outs Hickey Franklin McDonald Campbell

We would go in with one less marking forward, countered by Rowbottom's return allowing Parker and Blakey to play more minutes in the forward line. Stephens of JMac to provide Campbell's run and kicking penetration off HB.

Given Buddy is out, this isn't the time to make mass changes.

In: McLean, Sinclair
    Out: Buddy, Hickey

GC game a crucial one for Blakey, Campbell, Logan and Gulden. Rowbottom and Stephens to replace any of these who don't perform.

Hickey Buddy for Sink and Stephens

Rowy for JMac if available

Rd 6, kids dont need a rest, they just playing like kids all of a sudden. We were spoilt the 1st 3 rounds.

They can have a bad game, im sure their week looks alot like massages, nutrition, stretching/recovery and light on the track. To say a kid cant get up a week later is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Turned out to be a bad call
    Buddy’s knee clash happened in general play, not in a ruck contest.

Regular in the Side
    In McLean, Sinclair and Rowbottom

Out Buddy, Hickey and Blakey.

I think at the moment J Mac offers more than Blakey and I want to keep the other young players in the team.
    I also think we play much better on the bigger grounds with this style of play but we HAVE TO win more games at the SCG.
    Last edited by Bexl; 19th April 2021 at 04:47 PM.

Senior Player
    Sounds like Rowbottom a definite in:

“He’ll come back in, he’s a good player,” Longmire said. “We thought he needed another run on the weekend [in the VFL] and he got through that pretty well.
    I understand he’s pulled up pretty good from that, so he’s an important player for us and puts some real pressure on the opposition. We’ll bring him back in.”
    Franklin, Hickey ruled out as injuries pile up for Swans

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    So Hickey and Franklin out. On top of this, Horse has hinted that McDonald might need a break. I think Campbell could do with one too - did some nice things the other night but just struggling to get involved.
    Ins Sinclair McLean Rowbottom Stephens
    Outs Hickey Franklin McDonald Campbell

We would go in with one less marking forward, countered by Rowbottom's return allowing Parker and Blakey to play more minutes in the forward line. Stephens of JMac to provide Campbell's run and kicking penetration off HB.
    I like those changes. Would prefer Amartey to Sinkers, but the coaches know who is the better replacement.

Regular in the Side
    [QUOTE=neilfws;815181]Sounds like Rowbottom a definite in:

As he should be when he is fit. I don't know what people want to drop/rest McDonald with Franklin out. He played against men last year.
    Last edited by Bexl; 19th April 2021 at 05:05 PM.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    He would want to be far better than he was on the weekend.

Reckon Sinkers will surprise a few. Needed a rest and hes had one now. Should be fitter and stronger without the wear and tear on his body of the last few years

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Bexl;815183]
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Sounds like Rowbottom a definite in:

As he should be when he is fit. I don't know what people want to drop/rest McDonald with Franklin out. He played against men last year.
    I don't think anyone 'wants' to drop/rest McDonald per se.

But he's a 19yo kid still building an AFL body and tank. He was always going to need to be managed a couple of times over the course of the year. It happens, and it's fine.

Better to do that when he's a bit pooped than break him, or kill his confidence.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    In McLean, Sinclair and Rowbottom

Out Buddy, Hickey and Blakey.

I think at the moment J Mac offers more than Blakey and I want to keep the other young players in the team.
    I also think we play much better on the bigger grounds with this style of play but we HAVE TO win more games at the SCG.
    John L said in his press conference that Rowbottom will come in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post

Reckon Sinkers will surprise a few. Needed a rest and hes had one now. Should be fitter and stronger without the wear and tear on his body of the last few years
    Has Sinclair been on vacation without telling anyone?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast