Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 23 V The Cats

I once travelled down on a 2pm flight with the team, but that was back in the early Eade days, so take it with a grain of salt....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCanuck View Post
    We haven't conceded more than 15 goals in a game all year. Their current forward line doesn't scare me. This game will be a lot closer than most on this thread are predicting.
    Being stats mad I was really interested in looking into the recent history of the Swans conceding more than 15 goals a game. The reality is that since season 1996 when Sydney started to consistently play finals, there has never been one season where they did not concede 15 plus goals in a game. Witness:
    1996: 2 games
    1997: 4 games
    1998: 6 games
    1999: 8 games
    2000: 9 games
    2001: 5 games
    2002: 5 games
    2003: 2 games
    2004: 7 games
    2005: 1 game
    2006: 1 game
    2007: 3 games
    2008: 7 games
    2009: 4 games
    2010: 3 games

Fingers cross 2011: a fat zero!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    More pointless stats, of the 3 games in 2010 that we conceded more than 15 goals, 2 of them were Geelong (the other was the Demons!)

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    More pointless stats, of the 3 games in 2010 that we conceded more than 15 goals, 2 of them were Geelong (the other was the Demons!)
    Another "pointless' stat: the last time the Swans went through a whole season without conceding more than 15 goals in any given match was 1956, that was before the births of the last two Australian Prime Ministers, and the current American President.

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that 86.2% of all statistics are fabricated anyway.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    Another "pointless' stat: the last time the Swans went through a whole season without conceding more than 15 goals in any given match was 1956, that was before the births of the last two Australian Prime Ministers, and the current American President.
    I guess you mean current and immediate past PMs? John Howard was born in the middle ages, surely, or more accurately the dark ages?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I guess you mean current and immediate past PMs? John Howard was born in the middle ages, surely, or more accurately the dark ages?
    The last two PMs were Rudd (born 1957) and Gillard (born 1961).

I wonder if a week off will affect their performance as it did to Collingwwod when they played us. On League Teams last night they all thought the week off would give the Cats to give us a real thrashing.

Hard to say how much this week will affect the Swans mentally.

Cats have to lose sooner or later down there but probably not tomorrow.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Speaking of stats - Last time they met Sydney racked up over 100 tackles - but found it hard to generate pressure on the scoreboard. So...... if we can keep them to under 15 goals - convert our tackle count onto the scoreboard then .........could be close

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney V View Post
    Speaking of stats - Last time they met Sydney racked up over 100 tackles - but found it hard to generate pressure on the scoreboard. So...... if we can keep them to under 15 goals - convert our tackle count onto the scoreboard then .........could be close
    Gee ,is that all we have to do to get close? Not a problem then..Geelong by 8 goals.unless overloaded finals extra training has left them flat.We will see in the final quarter.

Veterans List
    If we play with the intensity that we maintained for the whole of last week's game and kick straighter I think we have a chance for a win. But if the boys are off after a traumatic week or we kick the same ratio of behinds to goals we'll get creamed. Simple enough.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    The last two PMs were Rudd (born 1957) and Gillard (born 1961).
    Nope, the last Prime Minister was Rudd and the one before that was Howard. The current PM is Gillard. Last year is not 2011 because "last" means the preceding or previous one. Try introducing your partner as "my last partner" and see how it goes.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast