Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MA Noble Stand Upgrade

MA Noble Stand Upgrade

Don't know exactly what that means for the coterie who band together during the Ressies games, anyone interpret this? Do I have to Move! (Indignent squeak at end of word).

Noble Stand to get $60m facelift - Cricket - Sport - smh.com.au
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Unless you want to sit in a construction site with a hard hat on ala the Douggie Walters Stand - yes, Primmy, you'll be on the move for at least one season.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Silver member, not Gold pinkemu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Don't know exactly what that means for the coterie who band together during the Ressies games, anyone interpret this? Do I have to Move! (Indignent squeak at end of word).

Noble Stand to get $60m facelift - Cricket - Sport - smh.com.au
    Come over to the Brewongle for a holiday. You might not want to leave

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemu View Post
    Come over to the Brewongle for a holiday. You might not want to leave
    I had to move my seat when doom and gloom took up residence behind us this year, and that is the first time in nine years. I am not sure I can stand the shock of two moves in such a short space of time!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Good riddance to the current MA Noble and Bradman stands. A long overdue redevelopment.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Good riddance to the current MA Noble and Bradman stands. A long overdue redevelopment.
    Agree with the outdoor bit. Hope they keep the indoor bit nice though, currently a lot more pleasant than the concrete jungles they normally build.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Agree with the outdoor bit. Hope they keep the indoor bit nice though, currently a lot more pleasant than the concrete jungles they normally build.
    The only thing I miss about the MA Noble since moving to the Churchill 3 seasons ago, plus the outdoor deck at the back.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    The only thing I miss about the MA Noble since moving to the Churchill 3 seasons ago, plus the outdoor deck at the back.
    Yeah hope they keep the deck, pretty good sitting out there on a warm summers day before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Primmy, move your little bottom a bit to the right into the Ladies Stand.
    I've sat in the Noble for years and swore I'd never move till I tried the Ladies on Saturday night and I tell you what, it was FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!
    It's nice and close to the front gate, loos are much closer, less stairs, easy access to the aftermatch, more leg room (or so it seems), great view of the ground, great view of Simon Black when he was off (ok, this facet might not be to everyone's taste but it certainly was to mine )
    I'm there for life now!

The SCG trust looks after their members first - if the Noble stand is put out of action I can see us red zone members being kicked out. The obvious thing to do would be to send us to the other end of the ground into the Trumper behind the goals, very sparsely populated this season, but a pretty good view.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Primmy, move your little bottom a bit to the right into the Ladies Stand.
    I've sat in the Noble for years and swore I'd never move till I tried the Ladies on Saturday night and I tell you what, it was FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!!
    It's nice and close to the front gate, loos are much closer, less stairs, easy access to the aftermatch, more leg room (or so it seems), great view of the ground, great view of Simon Black when he was off (ok, this facet might not be to everyone's taste but it certainly was to mine )
    I'm there for life now!
    Must be a different Ladies Stand to what I remember: 19th century architecture, crap seating angles, poles obscuring the view at the top, players boxes obscuring the view at the bottom, smoke from the plebs out the back sucking on fags drifting across...

At least they have seen the light with the Noble and Bradman stands. The sooner the better IMO. Then onto the Members and Ladies stands.

The SCG trust really has to get over thinking that the SCG is some sort of sacred ground and modernise the whole place. The MCG is far more sacred to Australian sport and they didn't have a problem with it.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Must be a different Ladies Stand to what I remember: 19th century architecture, crap seating angles, poles obscuring the view at the top, players boxes obscuring the view at the bottom, smoke from the plebs out the back sucking on fags drifting across...

At least they have seen the light with the Noble and Bradman stands. The sooner the better IMO. Then onto the Members and Ladies stands.

The SCG trust really has to get over thinking that the SCG is some sort of sacred ground and modernise the whole place. The MCG is far more sacred to Australian sport and they didn't have a problem with it.
    Well said. Unfortunately, the SCG runs on a very different set of values to the MCG - the very English values of exclusion and privilege, rather than the Australian values of egalitarianism that define the MCG.

Actually, the SCG stands out like a sore thumb in this regard. In virtually every other major sporting stadium in the country - Homebush, the MCG, the Gabba, Subiaco, and Football Park - the members area is incoporated into the overall stadium design, not separated from it. But that's the mentality of the SCG Trust for you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast