Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 23. Sydney

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    The crowd is always a bit subdued at the end when they announce there's no kick-to-kick .
    Poor ambiguous wording on my part. Acknowledgement *of* the crowd is what I thought was lacking. Seemed like the players were keen to get off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Was ruthless injured in the second quarter?

Glad he got back on the ground.
    Glad to see he brought his friends Accuracy with him too ?

What do you guys think about Hayward. I think he had 3 goals from 3 touches. 2 goals were gifts, I think one was from an out on the full. 1 goal was a good contested mark. I think the 3 goals mask what was another poor game. Personally I would drop him.

Depends on Sinclair strangely.
    Nainsmith will replace tippet. The tippet experiment for 2017 is over. His ankle is stuffed.
    Papley will come in. I think horse would want to go with Sinclair as the other forward which means Hayward out. If Sinclair not fit, Hayward stays.

On the veteran's list
    AFL website saying Grundy likely to get a week for an incident with Casbolt.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    AFL website saying Grundy likely to get a week for an incident with Casbolt.
    With Grundy's good record and finals I'd be very surprised if he misses.

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Glad to see he brought his friends Accuracy with him too ?
    Ruthless and Accuracy are formidable when they're both on the field.

I'm still lamenting the 22 behinds per game at the beginning of the season.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Grundy cleared!

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    What do you guys think about Hayward. I think he had 3 goals from 3 touches. 2 goals were gifts, I think one was from an out on the full. 1 goal was a good contested mark. I think the 3 goals mask what was another poor game. Personally I would drop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by barry
    Depends on Sinclair strangely.
    Nainsmith will replace tippet. The tippet experiment for 2017 is over. His ankle is stuffed.
    Papley will come in. I think horse would want to go with Sinclair as the other forward which means Hayward out. If Sinclair not fit, Hayward stays.
    Agree with Barry on this one

I'd see Tippett (too unreliable and injury prone), Hayward and Cunningham out for Naismith, Papley and Hannebery

Towers gets a reprieve but I'd love to see him as second ruck man in the finals, it's when he looks his most electric and dangerous, but it'd never happen

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Grundy cleared!

That was quick. Was expecting to have to wait another hour or two to be put out of misery for an incident I didn't even know had happened until I saw Nathan Smook talk about it an hour or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I'd see Tippett (too unreliable and injury prone), Hayward and Cunningham out for Naismith, Papley and Hannebery

Towers gets a reprieve but I'd love to see him as second ruck man in the finals, it's when he looks his most electric and dangerous, but it'd never happen
    I think Tippett is the best of our ruckmen, but you're right, and it's too big a risk to play him. He doesn't seem to be able to get through a game without injury. We'll have to see how Naismith gets through the reserves game this week. He's another that's been plagued by frequent injury. One thing going for Sinclair (and needs something) is that he seems the most durable of our ruckmen.

I think it was a waste to play Cunningham last game. He hasn't been in close to good enough form to come into the seniors. We wasted our last opportunity to try Dawson, who was arguably the best player in the NEAFL this year. It seems that players suffering Lisfranc and foot injuries in general take a long time to get back into form. It may have contributed to Talia's poor year, even though the injury happened a year ago.

The MRP made the right call on Grundy, but it's always a worry whenever there's head high contact in an off the ball incident. I wonder if it would have made a difference if that incident occurred for the Home and Away season. It would have been harsh to wipe out a player for a final on that incident.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    That was quick. Was expecting to have to wait another hour or two to be put out of misery for an incident I didn't even know had happened until I saw Nathan Smook talk about it an hour or two ago.
    +1 - when I saw the post that he was cleared I thought "already?".

I reckon that Tippett will play if he comes through scans and training. Fit, he's the best of the three and only if he's not fit will he be dropped. But he is delicate isn't he? About 300 pages ago on the Tippett thread I wondered if his problems with concussion at the Crows would end his career early. Instead it seems to be his legs.

I presume he was rested in the last quarter to give him every chance of playing the first final, not to start the off season early.