Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Changes for R8 v North

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    That makes total sense. How many emergencies do they normally take?
    I think it depends on how many players are under any sort of doubt. Obviously 1 at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Spot on Ugg. According to Swans site;

"Gary and Kurt will play in the reserves to get some continuous football under their belt, both of them haven't played much football (in recent weeks)," Longmire said in this week's Centrum Team Selection.

"They need to be able to get back in, play the game, run around, get some conditioning and some touch.

"We obviously pick the best team we think can give us the best chance of winning. The 22 that played last week obviously did the job for us.

"While we're always looking forward to improve, in regard to those particular players we just felt the lack of match play they've had counted against them so they just need to play a bit more footy."

Nic Newman will be on the flight south as the team's travelling emergency.
    This proves Horse reads this forum and has taken our advice

Unchanged: I suspect for the first time this season?

I'm delighted. I underestimated the match committee. Great outcome!

Let's make all the players returning to the 22 earn their spots (with the possible exception of Rampe if they think he can come straight back in once he has recovered from his broken arm).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I'm delighted. I underestimated the match committee. Great outcome!

Let's make all the players returning to the 22 earn their spots (with the possible exception of Rampe if they think he can come straight back in once he has recovered from his broken arm).
    +1

We bang on about ins and outs every week (myself included) but the most successful teams have settled teams. I'm very happy having people fighting for their positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    According to Swans site;

"Gary and Kurt will play in the reserves to get some continuous football under their belt, both of them haven't played much football (in recent weeks)," Longmire said in this week's Centrum Team Selection.

"They need to be able to get back in, play the game, run around, get some conditioning and some touch.

"We obviously pick the best team we think can give us the best chance of winning. The 22 that played last week obviously did the job for us.

"While we're always looking forward to improve, in regard to those particular players we just felt the lack of match play they've had counted against them so they just need to play a bit more footy."

Nic Newman will be on the flight south as the team's travelling emergency.
    He left out a few other comments:

"We did name them last night without any intention of playing them - and have left them as emergencies despite feeling strongly all along that they need to play in the reserves".

"We thought it might be clever to try and throw North out a bit by naming them, but on reflection that only lasted 24 hours, and they still have 48 hours before the game knowing the final 22 we've now named, so maybe it wasn't as clever as it seemed at the time".

"We could have played with 15 last week and beaten that rabble, so it's hard to judge whether that 22 deserved to go into this week unchanged".

Happy with an unchanged lineup, happy that Lurch has been given a taste of NEAFL footy

Wow
    Watching a bit of the WC vs Dogs game
    We are a long way behind in flexible game style like these two teams let alone our execution

There are some seriously good players that are ahead of ours

First, just wanted to say I'm even more pleased to know that Newman is the travelling emergency. He is the one that most deserves to be picked if there is a late out.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

"We could have played with 15 last week and beaten that rabble, so it's hard to judge whether that 22 deserved to go into this week unchanged".
    Blunt and candid comments by Horse, especially this one! I am almost stunned he said it. Teams are generally so careful to respect one another these days that you never hear a comment like this. I guess the game is over and we won't have to play them again this year. Still amazing.

Just watched the video. Can't believe I fell for that! Nice one.
    Last edited by bloodspirit; 12th May 2017 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

"We did name them last night without any intention of playing them - and have left them as emergencies despite feeling strongly all along that they need to play in the reserves".

"We thought it might be clever to try and throw North out a bit by naming them, but on reflection that only lasted 24 hours, and they still have 48 hours before the game knowing the final 22 we've now named, so maybe it wasn't as clever as it seemed at the time".

Good work Steve.

You take two very good players out of any team like Stringer and Murphy and they struggle to get it done.
    The Swans will go well v Norf .

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I love Gaz but there's no way in the world that Towers should make way for him this week.

Towers was great on the weekend and deserves an extended run in the seniors. Gazs last half of uninjured football produced 1 kick, and he wasn't much better in the games prior
    Rohan give opposition coaches something to worry about. Towers...not so much.

But he definitely needs some touches...
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast