Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There is a little band of "posters" whose anti-social behaviour warrants a collective term, and I think "numphies" fits pretty well.
    Is that name calling, or accurate labelling ?
    It's name calling, barry.
    Be sensible, for once.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There is a little band of "posters" whose anti-social behaviour warrants a collective term, and I think "numphies" fits pretty well.
    Is that name calling, or accurate labelling ?
    Let's see what the mods think about that. Are you a member of the little band Baz?

I know this doesn't count for much, but when this forum descends into personal attacks and snipe remarks, I generally find myself leaving.

Instead of leaving today, I thought I'd express myself.

I peruse far more than I contribute on RWO. I love what this community of ardent supporters represents and am learning a lot on the journey. I didn't grow up with Aussie Rules, but it is the game I love the most now. I respect and can appreciate differences of opinion, speculation and when someone unearths a gem, either from personal experience, the media or from some other source.

Can we please leave the juvenile attacks to other forums? Maybe it's just me who finds it tiresome, but I consider the Swans and its supporter base classier than that.

Veteran Site Admin
    If anyone is actually upset or offended by anything in the last twenty or so posts in this thread, please use the "report post" functionality, and I will then delete them all. If not, maybe we can all move on?

Veterans List
    I love RWO but sometimes I feel that it is a little like the AFL when it comes to 'crowd control'.

I vote we move on and get back on topic

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I vote we move on and get back on topic
    What was the topic again? Oh that's right.....Horse.

I see that Barrett, after stoking the 'Horse to North' rumours, now says this in his 'Sliding Doors' weekly farce re: North:

"If......the Roos think all their problems will be solved by seeking to bring back to the club anyone with a past connection .....

Then......they're kidding themselves. Boys Clubs are often a copout and don't always work."

He can't make his mind up.....

PS: On the subject of 'boys clubs', I would highly suspect that Horse would not want to head south and become part of another certain 'boys club'.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 14th June 2019 at 07:43 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Not sure if anyone noticed, but after Sunday's game, that was the happiness I have seen horse since 2012 GF. He is not going anywhere with the group of players we have now and for the Next few years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I've noticed he has been showing more emotion the last few weeks. He went around hugging players last week!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I've noticed he has been showing more emotion the last few weeks. He went around hugging players last week!
    He's probably in the most relaxed situation a coach can be in. There are no expectations of the Swans qualifying for the finals this year (at least externally - I daresay internally they won't give in until it's literally not possible). But he's not going to get a hard time - internally or externally - so long as the team doesn't start getting belted. He has a decent list to work with. And, if he listens to the media, his choice of long term coaching contracts with at least two clubs.

I’m liking the way the discussion about Horse getting an offer from North is now being framed.

Category: | Herald Sun

North Melbourne to offer John Longmire deal that hands him leverage for Sydney extension.

John Longmire might be happy in his position as Sydney coach but that doesn’t mean an “unbeliavable” [sic] deal isn’t coming from North Melbourne for him to take over as coach...

The North Melbourne offer has more chance of providing Longmire with financial leverage at Sydney than luring him south but [Wayne] Carey said it would soon land on his desk...

Carey is a wanker. 41,500 people weren't wrong.
    I can't see Horse taking up an offer. He's established himself in Sydney. His kids are at school... why would you move them?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

SEN have flagged a worrying possibility

Denis Pagan throws full support behind Roos' bid for John Longmire

If Longmire can’t be won over, Pagan feels ... Nick Blakey is another ... player who would be “perfect” for the job.