Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leo Barry and Greg Stafford

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Leo Barry and Greg Stafford

Defenders the target when fans turn | The Australian

All right own up who's the Leo basher? And if Stafford's body was shot as he has claimed, it's amazing we managed to fob him off to Richmond.

Oh we have a few at the swans, most notably the anti-kirk-roos collective which forms under the churchill stand, watch highlight reels of Nick Davis on the iphone and then proceed to hate on our two succesful leaders of the club on RWO.

Then we have the LRT haters.

The Teddy haters.

Anyone else?

On the Rookie List
    i've been known to give mcveigh a towelling...

I always hated Wayne Schwass.. His kick ins where shocking. I couldn't bare to watch them..Matty Nicks was so much better... Scwatter used to get a stack of easy possesions with Cressa on the wing that didn't amount to much.. He was OK for us his 1st year (1998 I think) and then a joke after that..

I don't hate any of our team. I know they are going out there and trying their hardest or else they would give up the game.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Blog Entries
    I hate people who hate people.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkysSocks View Post
    Oh we have a few at the swans, most notably the anti-kirk-roos collective which forms under the churchill stand, watch highlight reels of Nick Davis on the iphone and then proceed to hate on our two succesful leaders of the club on RWO.

Then we have the LRT haters.

The Teddy haters.

Anyone else?
    How could you forget Bevo!?
    He's the one that probably cops my wrath the most. But I can see his ability and am not ashamed to see him in Swans colours, as he does give his all.
    Just don't see him as best 22 material, so it compounds his mistakes when he seems to be keeping someone out of the side.
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I hate people who hate people.
    And don't forget the Dutch...

The interesting thing from that article was the poor condition Stafford was in by the time he went to the Tigers. Don't think I'd be too impressed if I was a Tigers fan!

I've never heard the bloke in the Brewongle. maybe it was me. No, I thought Leo was good, especially when he didn't have the ball.

"I remember the crowd. Oh my God. I reckon 35,000 people groaned with collective disappointment. My confidence was shot at this stage, I wasn't playing well. I couldn't do the simplest of things, I was paralysed by my predicament. That was the only incident I can think of with the crowd giving me a hard time. Maybe they were bagging me through my whole career, I don't know, but I certainly heard it this day." Greg Stafford.

He has a short memory, we were booing him regularly during that period. I can't recall injury at the time unless it was a secret. My impression was attitude or lack there of. I wonder if he still has his stalker?

I think the only reason players get booed by supporters is not because of lack of ability but not playing up to their ability.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

I was pre-disposed to bag John Stevens if he screwed anything up.

There was a processional of moans for Rowan Wharf, and I liked him! I have a feeling Dunks didn't like the bloke from essendon we got for a couple of seasons. Not sure I rated Ryan O'Connor. Macca got my goat. Goldie I liked, but his self confidence did take a pasting. Leo did my head in sometimes.

HOWEVER, I refuse to hate anyone. I won't even hate Collingwood, or Goldspink, I dismiss them as being beneath my hoity toity notice.

I moved my seat along up in the Noble Stand because there are a couple of older members there who took to sitting behind us, and who don't seem to like anything, let along the players, and they make the atmosphere positively poisenous.

Life's too short. Yell encouragement I say, to those least able to play up to our standards, even though we don't actually play ourselves......
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Life's too short. Yell encouragement I say, to those least able to play up to our standards, even though we don't actually play ourselves......
    And if you have to BOO, do it with love. Collingwood, I love you...........Not working, damn.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast