Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Goes up to 11
    The energy amongst the players following goals was a really noticeable and good to see. They weren't going to let this one get away from them.

And Jake Lloyd played a fantastic and fairly unheralded game. He does so much running and pops up so often in the right place at the right time. Probably much more noticeable at the game than on TV but he was a joy to watch yesterday.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    From where I was sitting, up on the O'Reilly wing, McVeigh was terrific. He sat back in that space half a kick behind the ruck and directed the traffic, and was able to hit in when needed. I think that there has been plenty of hand-waving and pointing in the back half going on all season: too much in fact. This week, McVeigh's authority shone through, and he made everyone look better (apart from those moments when they didn't). He called for the switches, which reduced the amount of guesswork going on coming out of deep defence, and that opened it up for Zac's run and carry through the corridor from deep in defence. That freed Mills up from the organiser role he'd taken on, and he was able to sit further back as the extra man (at least until the end of the second quarter when they went man on man). For the first time this season they managed to hold the ball in the forward 50 and effectively set up the defensive wall across half forward. And McVeigh's first kick to a leading Buddy was an absolute bullet. First man selected next week.
    Good post, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Well it was lucky Matthew Dick never made it after we drafted him, we could never have comment on him
    Clearly he would have had to change his name.

I actually don't believe in a swear filter.
    Very juvenile.
    The community here should adhere to the rules and not use profanity.
    Just don't type the words, it's not like it's a conversation where things can slip out.
    You're actually thinking as you type.

Using that system, the inevitable situation where a Dick is drafted by the Swans will be a non event...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    You're actually thinking as you type.
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Seriously?
    I'm not.

Seriously?
    I don't understand.
    Unless that was an attempted smart reply?

When typing, you have the opportunity to press a backspace button before you press Post.
    Not that hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Unless that was an attempted smart reply?
    A poor attempt at humor on my part but when you consider some of the garbage posted on here one wonders if much thought goes into it.

A poor attempt at humor on my part but when you consider some of the garbage posted on here one wonders if much thought goes into it.
    I thought so
    That's what smilies are for

As good as it was to finally get a win and get off the bottom of the ladder, the plight of Brisbane's list, after all these @@@@ years, saddened me. Talk of more players walking at year end again too.

Match Day Rnd. 7. Sydney V Brisbane. 13.10 pm SCG.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    As good as it was to finally get a win and get off the bottom of the ladder, the plight of Brisbane's list, after all these @@@@ years, saddened me. Talk of more players walking at year end again too.
    I agree Barry and had exactly the same thoughts. Plus there was barely a Brisbane supporter there, I felt really sad for them.

If ever a club needed AFL support it is Brisbane. Although I have no idea what that support should be; the change of coach doesn't seem to be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Burra View Post
    ...Personally I think it was disgraceful that Matt80 was banned from this forum simply because he was a passionate Swans supporter with a different view.
    Absolutely agree! Banning Matt80 was a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    If ever a club needed AFL support it is Brisbane. Although I have no idea what that support should be; the change of coach doesn't seem to be the answer.
    Amalgamation with GCS. I believe it's going to happen sooner or later.