Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 4 V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Aliir isn�t fit/ready and has yet to find a role in the best 22. I�m not sure he�s really a long term replacement for Melican as a lock down defender. Might be OK as a stopgap.

Cameron didn�t show anything in the JLT when given the opportunity, but is next in line. Amartey and McCartin both have great potential but probably need more than one season in the NEAFL.

Maibaum I�m not sure about. He�s been in the system a while. Don�t know if he could be swung forward?
    Why swing a fullback, Maibaum, who seems to be able to keep big forwards to low scores, to the forward-line? He kept Patton to 2 goals last year after it looked as though Patton would score heaps. I am well aware Aliir is not ready for this game but the game you quote is the Adelaide game and he should be ready by then. So would Maibaum with 2 years in our system and he is a stopper not a runner.

I don't agree re Amarty. I think give him two or three NEAFL games and he'll be ready to go. This guy has the build, no problem there. Talent, no problem there. Speed, no problem there. Height, no problem there. The one thing that might be a problem is his endurance. We'll see. But he has two things all really good prospects have, presence and composure. McCartin was good in the pre-season matches against senior AFL players. But I'm not convinced he's a high marking forward at this stage. I think he's a leading forward and crumber. He gets free and creates damage that way much like Jeremy Cameron. He took four very strong marks in the NEAFL against good opposition. He kicked two goals and should have kicked two more. I was incredibly impressed with his composure in the forward 50.

Senior Player
    I agree. Newman over McVeigh
    McVeigh, along with Buddy, is our most creative player with ball in hand.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Boyd helped them to win a flag , they got better return on their investment than ours in Tippo I�d say.
    Oh....it was Boyd that helped them 'win' that GF was it?

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Oh....it was Boyd that helped them 'win' that GF was it?
    Bloody oath he did , did you watch the game ? I think your suggesting the umpires helped the dogs, and while I don�t disagree completely , we still should have won if we were good enough , fact is we weren�t ! Too many passengers that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Bloody oath he did , did you watch the game ? I think your suggesting the umpires helped the dogs, and while I don�t disagree completely , we still should have won if we were good enough , fact is we weren�t ! Too many passengers that day.
    I agree he contributed by playing his only decent game ever for the Dogs when it actually mattered....but I also maintain if the free kick count was 14-14, not 20-8, we would have won, handsomely. We would not have been so disillusioned and would have had less passengers, ie: players who didn't know where they stood with what, up until that day, were the accepted rules of football. While we did have players down, there were extenuating circumstances...... we were robbed.

It upsetting that we aren't getting the training photos on a Thursday anymore. I really enjoyed playing the "who's wearing the opposing bibs" game to predict the team selections.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    It upsetting that we aren't getting the training photos on a Thursday anymore. I really enjoyed playing the "who's wearing the opposing bibs" game to predict the team selections.
    I think the photos were too revealing

I've always enjoyed a revealing photo but that's a completely different forum.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Showing too much leg?

Aliir, Newman, Jones for Melican, Reid, Rohan

Something for everyone in those ins

Aliir Jones Newman for Reid Melican Rohan

Emg Robinson Marsh Ronke Fox

They�ve brought in Biggs for Cordy which leaves them lacking in key position players at both ends.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast