Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Round 13 Chat About The Other Games

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    As for the Suns, they played some reasonable football in the first half, but how can a team be that awful in the final quarter?
    They have been very awful in their last 4 final quarters only scoring a total of 2 points. The difference this week though is that they were winning at 3 qtr time. It might have been over confidence or maybe they just aren't fit enough to run out games.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    So, everyone barracking for the Cats this afternoon? And a nice close high scoring game - for aesthetics and so they both lose percentage (isn't that how the maths works?).
    So I feel aggrieved that they have to play their home game at Richmond's home ground. I guess the AFL dictate this.
    I'm at the match and I'm hoping for a Geelong win. Will be interesting how both teams go in the slippery conditions.

Veterans List
    Watching the tigers live and they give you no time with the ball. They just constantly pressure and tackle.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Watching the tigers live and they give you no time with the ball. They just constantly pressure and tackle.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Commentators saying Cats v Tigers a high pressure game. Reckon there was a lot more in Swans Eagles Friday night.

Seems every week Chris Scott pulls the late substitution card. Just saying.
    Hawks did the same yesterday.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Seems every week Chris Scott pulls the late substitution card. Just saying.
    Hawks did the same yesterday.
    To be fair this week it was because of the weather. They dropped a tall for a small.

However earlier in the year Dangerfield did write an article that if they knew a player was injured they would wait until just before the game to rule him out so it wouldn't give the opposition an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    So, everyone barracking for the Cats this afternoon? And a nice close high scoring game - for aesthetics and so they both lose percentage (isn't that how the maths works?).
    So I feel aggrieved that they have to play their home game at Richmond's home ground. I guess the AFL dictate this.
    Fortunately for us, Richmond are going to have to host us at our other 'home ground' Thursday week (where we have won something like 15 out of the last 16) and they won't get to extend their 16 win streak at the MCG. Only down side is we don't get to practice playing good oppostion at the MCG. Still, on balance I'll take it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Fortunately for us, Richmond are going to have to host us at our other 'home ground' Thursday week (where we have won something like 15 out of the last 16) and they won't get to extend their 16 win streak at the MCG. Only down side is we don't get to practice playing good oppostion at the MCG. Still, on balance I'll take it.
    Worth remembering it was us that was the last team to beat the Tigers at the MCG so I don�t think it holds any fear for the team

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Worth remembering it was us that was the last team to beat the Tigers at the MCG so I don�t think it holds any fear for the team
    I agree with that also.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Is it just me that finds is strange referring to Richmond as a good side (possibly more the fact that they are currently good I suppose)
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234