Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney v Melbourne

On the Rookie List
    We're not playing well at all.

I sure hope this is like the Roos game where we had the shocking quarter and then belted them in the third quarter. Because right now we are just wasting the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Macca could top his career best disposals of 37 if he keeps playing the way he is. He has 21 at HT.

I was about to have a rant about channel 7 but then they cut to a topless ROK in the rooms so I'll stfu.

Given that we have had three times as many scoring shots, and I reckon two of their goals came from terrible defensive efforts, it gives you a sense of just how bad the dees actually are.

Grundy is playing poorly, but our approach of get it and kick iras long as humanly possible even if that is where five dees are is really disturbing

Senior Player
    No Reid, no Jetta, no Goodes, no Shaw a lot of running players are injured

We're still playing wet weather footy. We are pretending that the ball is wet and the ground is like ice.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    No Reid, no Jetta, no Goodes, no Shaw a lot of running players are injured
    Yep, its really showing today. Injuries have crippled us this season, good thing we're still top 4. Hopefully we can get the boys back in time for September.

Interesting how the last few goals/shots for Melb from end to end uncontested. That's our big, big weakness.....not paying enough respect to get on the bike HARD as soon as they have possession. That's the problem when Hawks/Geelong/Bombers are kicking 5-6-7-8 goals in a quick trot against us. Those teams aren't kicking 6 DIFFICULT/CONTESTED goals. Slicing through the middle, end to end or else straight from the centre bounce.

Today we are too reliant on the full forward press and the dodgy turnover. Won't work against the top teams.

11 inside fifties for 5 goals and 2 points. Frankly not good enough.

On the upside....39 inside 50s in a half. If we keep our heads and win ground ball in the 50 we will kick 15 in this half....butchered 6 or 7 so far. 15 goals to 2 or 3 and I would be very happy.....9-5 Meh!
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Senior Player
    Grundy mst be carrying an injury

This is some of the worst umpiring I've ever seen

Does anybody understand the umpiring in this game? Is the AFL professional? seems like a bush league at present with pathetic commentators on their broadcast partner and equally pathetic umpiring on the field

On the Rookie List
    This is so $^$*ing frustrating to watch,

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast