Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Mega merged trading thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I'm going to blow this place sky high - you heard it here first:

Jetta to Freo...........
    Two subs as of next year..........
    Ross Lyon wouldn't recruit a player who isn't a defensive tagger. Jetta would be the proverbial square peg in a round hole in any team Lyon coaches.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Ross Lyon wouldn't recruit a player who isn't a defensive tagger. Jetta would be the proverbial square peg in a round hole in any team Lyon coaches.
    ... weird comment considering the team you support. and i wonder what kind of player you think goddard is? dal santo? strange

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    ... weird comment considering the team you support. and i wonder what kind of player you think goddard is? dal santo? strange
    I find your comments equally as strange given he didn't recruit either of those that you mentioned.

I have never liked Ross Lyons defensive at all costs mentality.

I have supported the Swans for over 40 years, have seen coaches (and assistants) come and go. Just because they were paid by the Swans and my membership doesn't mean I have to like their style.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Jetta needs to harden up, improve his skills, put on some size, and get an attitude adjustment. He can be part of the solution to our lack of pace/ slow ball movement. As will Rooster, and Lamb ( from what ive heard, not his pace but his ball movement is quick ). We do lack plenty in the run and spread category, it was so frustrating watching at the G on Friday, you could see how Hawks just had free players spreading whenever they got the ball. When we got it, know one would move.

ok.......... I admit it.............. I would secretly be happy if we picked up fev in the preseason draft..

Regular in the Side
    i rekon free agency would help the swans right now even with gws in yje mix

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Lovett, Peake, Ray, Schneider... Most of the players Lyon has targeted in trade week have been outside players.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    ok.......... I admit it.............. I would secretly be happy if we picked up fev in the preseason draft..
    Yes. I am willing to give Fev his final hurrah at The Swannies.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hot potato View Post
    Yes. I am willing to give Fev his final hurrah at The Swannies.
    Me too.

Goes up to 11
    Jetta will stay. I see Currie, Bevan and Moore as being on the shakiest ground. Can't see a huge amount of trade value for any of those guys although Bevan and Moore would deserve a crack elsewhere. I can't see us tinkering around the edges in trade week - if there is a big forward such as Dawes up for grabs we'll have a go, otherwise I don't see much movement on the trade front for us.

From what I can gather recruiting Brian Lake would need a complete re-jig of the "NO D***HEADS" policy.

If we are going to improve our outside game then Rohan & someone like Jetta have to start on the wings. One could run from the Hb line but the wing would be best. No use starting your fastest player on the HFF. There will be more options next year in the mids with Mitchell onboard and now Lukie Parker has had a year he will be much better. Swing Lamb into the mix and there is some real talent to back up Hannas, Jack, Kanga, Goodsie & co. develop TDL as a leading small FF in the vein of Modra (he can take a very good contested) & use Pykie in the FP/Ruck. Don't need a massive FF as Williams proved (would still be playing if he wasn't so lazy).

TRADE BAIT; Bevo, Seaby, Moore, Sumner? (what did happen to him?), maybe White but I think he can still develop some big blokes take longer. I would love Sumner to stay if he can get over his home sickness but otherwise do a deal with Port or Adelaide.

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast