Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Make Friday "Red and White Day!"

Make Friday "Red and White Day!"

May as well start here...

I have sent an email to everyone in my address book to make this Friday, "Red and White Day!".

Go to work dressed in something red and white, go to school with a red ribbon, scarf etc.

We are holding a 'red and white' morning tea at work with streamers etc.

Those not AFL inclined may join in with the Dragons being red and white so include them as well and we will just call them Swan's fans!

This is a chance for Sydney to get caught up in an AFL "Big event" fever with the GF always played in Melbourne.

Be creative, have fun and go Swans!
    Swannies for life!

On the Rookie List
    I like your thinking Matt! Mainly because i've already done the same thing. There are only 2 of us in the office that are Swans fans. Another is a dirty Saints fan and despises Sydney, but the rest of them have jumped on board and its red and white dress only allowed on Friday!

Man... its Wednesday night and i'm nervous, this is ridiculous!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Make Friday "Red and White Day!"

Originally posted by Matt79
    May as well start here...

I have sent an email to everyone in my address book to make this Friday, "Red and White Day!".

Go to work dressed in something red and white, go to school with a red ribbon, scarf etc.

We are holding a 'red and white' morning tea at work with streamers etc.

Those not AFL inclined may join in with the Dragons being red and white so include them as well and we will just call them Swan's fans!

This is a chance for Sydney to get caught up in an AFL "Big event" fever with the GF always played in Melbourne.

Be creative, have fun and go Swans!
    I'll give you $3.80 if you can get a Swans blog article on it on smh.com.au by tomorrow night.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Yep, good call Matt. Four out of the 18 in my office are going and the talk is the same.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

I won't go to work that day and I'll be a total nervous wreck by the time the game starts.

A few Swans supporters in the office that I'll be at on Friday so will go with a Swans polo.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Re: Re: Make Friday "Red and White Day!"

Originally posted by stellation
    I'll give you $3.80 if you can get a Swans blog article on it on smh.com.au by tomorrow night.
    Hey Jano, here's your chance to deprive Stella of some beer money.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Re: Re: Make Friday "Red and White Day!"

Originally posted by cruiser
    Hey Jano, here's your chance to deprive Stella of some beer money.
    For you, $2.80 (Matt isn't on holidays with all the time in the world to try to organize it tomorrow like some people)!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I am taking the day off work because I wouldn't be concentrating at work anyway.

I'll be wearing red and white though.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

I'll wear red and white on the plane! I remember last year when I came to Sydney for a final Half Cat was on the plane and I got well and truly rubbished for wearing red and white!
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Everyone, wear RED at the game!

you guys beat me to it.

Let's ensure that as many people as possible wear RED on Friday. I know we all love to wear our white or blue premiership paraphanalia, but we have to visually as well as verbally intimidate the Dockers.

What better way to do this is to have everyone wearing as much red as is humanly possible.

Wear your RED members hats at the game. If you are going with friends, bring your old ones to give to others in your party. If you have spare scarves and you know they won't have one, bring them along.

Tell your friends, spread the message. Get the casuals to at least try and find a red polo or dress short to wear! Let's have EVERYONE dressed in as much red as is humanly possible on Friday night.

Look at the bays around the Cheer Squad from last year's GF.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...gsGF2005-1.jpg

How noticeable was the Swans support because of the amount of red on show!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Cher
    I'll wear red and white on the plane! I remember last year when I came to Sydney for a final Half Cat was on the plane and I got well and truly rubbished for wearing red and white!
    Argghhhh......but who had the last laugh Cher....hehe.

BTW Matt, a great thread, let's all do our bit. I organised to buy nine tickets for the game on Friday and all those people bar one have been to some Swans games this year. A big crowd will be our reward.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast