Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Round 8 Swans v Hawthorn MCG Friday May 11 7.50 pm

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, and one positive out of all this, is; if many people were undecided if they hated Hawthorn or not, quite a few of them will have now made up their minds.
    I was surprised at the level of support from other clubs on BigFooty regarding this issue. Only the Hawthorn and Bulldog supporters were bagging Longmire and not Clarkson, the rest were in agreement that Clarko is a sook and hypocrite.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    No they don't, no frees will be paid against Hawthorn for this. The Swans on the other hand...
    Well it's all a tad ironic that this all started because the Hawks forwards actually got penalised for blocking.

I was surprised at the level of support from other clubs on BigFooty regarding this issue. Only the Hawthorn and Bulldog supporters were bagging Longmire and not Clarkson, the rest were in agreement that Clarko is a sook and hypocrite.
    Dogs supporters should honestly shut up they got gifted a premiership when they were an average side which has been proven the last two years.

Also we (the club) didn't even complain about umpiring publicly until they next preseason. It wasn't like Horse was carrying on in the post match presser like Clarkson who went on a three day bender following a round 8 loss.

Longmire should come out and say "yeah, I've often thought about raising issues about Hawthorn bending the rules, but I've held out so as not to seems like a big sook"
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Yes, I suspect that most people, are a tad repulsed by a privileged overdog attempting to claim victim status. And many people probably realise, that the club that most pushes what they can systematically get away with is Hawthorn.
    There's the long running; antisocial Hawks, where a fair few of their players, seemed to have perfected the art of how much force to apply, when you're elbowing an opponent in the head, or sniping them in backplay. Too little, and you don't hurt or irritate them. Too much, and you risk getting suspended. But hey, practice makes perfect.
    There's also the rule changes, that were brought in, largely because of the actions of Clarkson's Hawks. The deliberate behind rule and the fifty metre free, for taking down an opponent after they had gotten rid of the ball.
    So, given that, I think the appropriate response to Clarkson's whining, should be, "Oh, FFS, pal; you do realise that you coach Hawthorn, don't you!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    He was brutal at times but would never have met McLachlan in these circumstances. It's management and leadership 101 to be at arms length.

Absolutely spot on. There is no way the CEO of any organisation should be meeting someone in Clarkson's position in any capacity other than a formal one. It smacks of perceived bias at the very least and is no way to engender faith or trust in your leadership capability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Gil appears to be a very soft touch for the Vic clubs. Competition compromised already without Melbourne boys club love in.
    Which is odd, because he's from Adelaide, but old money Adelaide, where the boys club and favours speak volumes. Isn't Clarkson from Adelaide too?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Absolutely spot on. There is no way the CEO of any organisation should be meeting someone in Clarkson's position in any capacity other than a formal one. It smacks of perceived bias at the very least and is no way to engender faith or trust in your leadership capability.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is odd, because he's from Adelaide, but old money Adelaide, where the boys club and favours speak volumes. Isn't Clarkson from Adelaide too?
    No, I'm fairly sure that Clarkson is from rural Victoria, but I think he did coach Central Districts for a few years in the SANFL. But if you spent most of working day in Elizabeth, you probably didn't get to spend much time with Gillon's South Australian landed gentry.

Senior Player
    Rather a shame that such a good game, and great win, has been overshadowed by all this rubbish. I hope we can enjoy the games next round, rather than constantly scrutinise them for signs of umpiring adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Rather a shame that such a good game, and great win, has been overshadowed by all this rubbish. I hope we can enjoy the games next round, rather than constantly scrutinise them for signs of umpiring adjustments.
    Yep, spot on Champ.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Hear, hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Levii3 View Post
    Dogs supporters should honestly shut up they got gifted a premiership when they were an average side which has been proven the last two years.

Also we (the club) didn't even complain about umpiring publicly until they next preseason. It wasn't like Horse was carrying on in the post match presser like Clarkson who went on a three day bender following a round 8 loss.
    Watched Footy Classified this week. Caro, whom I usually respect, said that Longmire made a big deal of the umpiring in the 2016 GF. If I recall correctly, Longmire actually understated the umpire incompetence/crookedness and it was the media who, rightfully, made a big deal of it.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Watched Footy Classified this week. Caro, whom I usually respect, said that Longmire made a big deal of the umpiring in the 2016 GF. If I recall correctly, Longmire actually understated the umpire incompetence/crookedness and it was the media who, rightfully, made a big deal of it.
    Caroline Wilson is the go to journo for the AFL. Wouldn't be surprised is she is doing their bidding. Swans said nothing publicly about 2016 GF in contrast to Clarkson's squealing in public with no real evidence after a loss in a home and away game. He was rewarded for his squealing with a meeting his close friend the CEO of the competition. You couldn't make this stuff up.