Thread: Midfield crystal ball 2018

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I've been trying to think of a good caption for this:

1. Matt80 meets our Coach.
    2. Tom Mitchell meets Matt80.
    3. Tom Derickx meets Ludwig.
    4. Anyone from RWO meets Eddie McGuire.
    The Horse knows I'm a pundit who in not part of the inner conversations and decision making. The Horse would be proud that I'm part of the supporters conversation on the Swans.

Mitchell would love me as I'm advocating for him to get more senior games and more money. I don't think he likes people who are happy for him to spend more time in the NEAFL.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Mitchell would love me as I'm advocating for him to get more senior games and more money. I don't think he likes people who are happy for him to spend more time in the NEAFL.
    Classic strawman.

You're exhausting.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Matt's entitled to an opinion after all it is a public forum. With all the midfield 'potential', some hard decisions may need to be made by the list management department to fit them all in. If he turns out to be correct, I wonder if a few will offer up apologies.
    But as I said above, what these kids are showing is potential, which is a big difference to proven senior form that Mitchell and Hannebery and the like have given on a regular basis. More than what Gary Rohan has done for quite some time. So at the risk of being shot down, maybe he could be put up for trade for a KPD.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    Matt's entitled to an opinion after all it is a public forum. With all the midfield 'potential', some hard decisions may need to be made by the list management department to fit them all in. If he turns out to be correct, I wonder if a few will offer up apologies.
    But as I said above, what these kids are showing is potential, which is a big difference to proven senior form that Mitchell and Hannebery and the like have given on a regular basis. More than what Gary Rohan has done for quite some time. So at the risk of being shot down, maybe he could be put up for trade for a KPD.
    I think with Rohan's injury history that it would be unwise to trade him at this time. He is a depressed assert at the current time and he needs turning around before you trade him. If you traded Rohan now he would only get a pick in the 40s. If you can turn him around you may be able to get a low 20s for him or he could continue to be a fine Swans player until retirement.

Lock in number 4

Thanks Eddie

I like 4.

Im all for offering all the apologies in the world if Matt80 turns out to be correct about Mitchell - but it is idle, baseless speculation at this stage. Especially stuff like 'Mitchell will want to leave'. Unless Matt80 has some source that we are all unaware of, this is pure speculation and nothing else.

Also, lock in No 4.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I like no. 4. How about something to do with flogging a dead horse. Some sort of reference to Eddie would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I think with Rohan's injury history that it would be unwise to trade him at this time. He is a depressed assert at the current time and he needs turning around before you trade him. If you traded Rohan now he would only get a pick in the 40s. If you can turn him around you may be able to get a low 20s for him or he could continue to be a fine Swans player until retirement.
    What's a "depressed assert" or was that a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Depressed (undervalued) asset ?? Typo methinks

Suspended by the MRP
    Typo. Depressed asset.

A depressed ass rather than a cheerful Horse?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast