Page 398 of 463 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448 ... LastLast
Results 4,765 to 4,776 of 5548

Thread: Tippett!!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Never will. Seriously. He is a flog.
    Sorry, but that's a comment on his quality as a human being rather than as a footballer, and I've never seen any evidence he's less than a genuinely decent bloke. It's exactly the same comment I heard from a heap of bogan SEN callers about Adam Goodes in his last season, trying to justify the booing. Anyone who uses it needs to take a good hard look in the mirror (and, at a minimum, examine whether they could make a more insightful critique - "flog" is pretty meaningless).That said, Tippo's grand final performance absolutely stunk and he's been less than ordinary in the games he's actually played this year. It's not his fault he's injury prone, but the bottom line is he's gone from All Australian contention midway through last year to being an absolute plodder. His injuries last year (especially the sling) may not have helped but at the moment he's a liability rather than an asset.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Well, I for one am surprised that he lasted longer than 8 minutes without stubbing his big toe.
    Kudos.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Goes up to 11
    Never will. Seriously. He is a flog.
    Please explain what you mean by this - and in doing so it'd be great to hear how you differentiate yourself from those that mindlessly slung this tag on Goodsey.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Well, I for one am surprised that he lasted longer than 8 minutes without stubbing his big toe.
    Kudos.
    Hope he's better for the run, but he has a fair way to go to justify his price tag.

1 kick and 4 handpasses ain't much output for what we're paying him.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Please explain what you mean by this - and in doing so it'd be great to hear how you differentiate yourself from those that mindlessly slung this tag on Goodsey.
    Everyone is correct. It was rash and thoughtless of me to call out Tippo as a flog. Unthinking of me. Perhaps it was a response to what I saw last night - a player who is confused and unable to execute the skills required of a senior Swan. A shadow of the great Adelaide Crows player that he once was. do apologise. I accept that I should have referred to him as an flop.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Goes up to 11
    Everyone is correct. It was rash and thoughtless of me to call out Tippo as a flog. Unthinking of me. Perhaps it was a response to what I saw last night - a player who is confused and unable to execute the skills required of a senior Swan. A shadow of the great Adelaide Crows player that he once was. do apologise. I accept that I should have referred to him as an flop.
    All good. Thanks.
    I tend to agree too - particularly given the huge money we've paid for him.

Bless you. I am embarrassed about last night's effort. Tippo had a few mates in the 'absence of ticker' department. It made me feel sick.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Yes its hard to think its the same side as last year. If the Giants wanted to ,they could have beaten us by 10 goals plus. Am I the only one on this thread that believes Tippett should be dropped to the NEAFL? He has to show something, its was OK for goodsey to do this, therefore Tippett should be in the same boat. 62 hit outs by Mumford is embarrassing. If Tippett still cannot play decent in the NEAFL level, maybe we could hope he decides to retire and enables us to free up monies and find a decent ruckman for next year.

Yes Mummy killed us in the ruck last night. Tippett was one of many senior players who had a terrible game. His form since returning from being injured half way through last season is below par. Our ruck stocks are thin at present so he will get more opportunities for this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Well said grarmy.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

I too have to apologise for singling out Tippet after Saturday night, he wasn't alone in low contribution. My frustration with him is long term. Four years down the track weighing his impact vs his cost, he can't be rated a successful signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Yes Mummy killed us in the ruck last night. Tippett was one of many senior players who had a terrible game. His form since returning from being injured half way through last season is below par.
    Tippett missed rounds 13-21 last year, and the thing I think is clear is that he is a confidence player that needs continuity. Mainly just playing week-after-week, but also I think he's a player that settles into a role if he's given the opportunity to.

Realistically he was never going to have a huge finals series last year - that was definitely destroyed when injured in the QF.

This year he played Rd 1, was injured in the first quarter of Rd 2, missed Rds 3-4, and has now only been back 1 week for Rd 5.

He would have also spent the whole pre-season planning on spending most of his time forward, supporting Naismith in the ruck. You can argue that the highly-paid players should be more adaptable to circumstances, come in and perform at a high level straight away etc - but I think with Naismith back in the team and with a few more games to run into some form and confidence, Tippett can still be a very important player.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Tippett missed rounds 13-21 last year, and the thing I think is clear is that he is a confidence player that needs continuity. Mainly just playing week-after-week, but also I think he's a player that settles into a role if he's given the opportunity to.

Realistically he was never going to have a huge finals series last year - that was definitely destroyed when injured in the QF.

This year he played Rd 1, was injured in the first quarter of Rd 2, missed Rds 3-4, and has now only been back 1 week for Rd 5.

He would have also spent the whole pre-season planning on spending most of his time forward, supporting Naismith in the ruck. You can argue that the highly-paid players should be more adaptable to circumstances, come in and perform at a high level straight away etc - but I think with Naismith back in the team and with a few more games to run into some form and confidence, Tippett can still be a very important player.
    I agree Tippett is a confidence player who needs continuity and who will improve. Hard to fathom the difference between the last game v GWS and the 2016 final, in which he had the same number of hitouts in less than a half against Mummy as he did in the full game Saturday night.