Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 17: Sydney Swans Reserves v NT Thunder @ SCG

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Best Players: J. Dawson, J. Foote, H. Marsh, W. Hayward, K. Tippett, J. Rose

Dawson would have to wait until a spot opens up. Papley or Rohan being the main contenders maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Dawson would have to wait until a spot opens up. Papley or Rohan being the main contenders maybe?
    Papley most certainly is going to get picked whenever fit - Rohan maybe a bit more periphery, but we know how much that the coach rates him, so I hardly see him going out either.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

He may have to wait for an injury.

Veterans List
    Robinson doesn't give us much, is just a footballer, must be Hayward and/or Dawson in next week.

Ugg, looking forward to your assessment of those guys in today's game, or any other ressie watchers opinions. Looks like the official Best Players loosely follows what the stats are telling us.

Could Dawson be in line for Robinson's spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Could Dawson be in line for Robinson's spot?
    Robinson never does enough for us IMO. I see Dawson as being streets ahead of him and a few others. Why they aren't playing him astounds me. Then again, I've said the same about Newman, Mitchell, etc in the past.

They play different roles though. Robinson has been asked to curb the opposition's most dangerous running defender and he has done well on Harbrow and Wilson. He didn't do so well today on Montagna who had 21 disposals till he did his hammy in the third quarter.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    They play different roles though. Robinson has been asked to curb the opposition's most dangerous running defender and he has done well on Harbrow and Wilson. He didn't do so well today on Montagna who had 21 disposals till he did his hammy in the third quarter.
    Yeah, I know they play different roles, but it feels like we've less than our best team with Will out of it.

Low possessions for Florent today. Still carrying that foot injury, I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yeah, I know they play different roles, but it feels like we've less than our best team with Will out of it.

Low possessions for Florent today. Still carrying that foot injury, I wonder.
    I was talking about Dawson v Robinson. I think Hayward could do a similar role to Robinson, albeit with a more potent attacking threat.

Florent was on and off the bench a lot in the final quarter.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I was talking about Dawson v Robinson. I think Hayward could do a similar role to Robinson, albeit with a more potent attacking threat.

Florent was on and off the bench a lot in the final quarter.
    Yep, I realise you were talking about Dawson, but Will plays a different role too. Defensive forward would be new to him, wouldn't it?

I think Rohan and Will play the same role: deep, quick, high-marking forward. I'm sure Will would go better than Robinson even in Robinson's current role, but would prefer him unleashed to attack.

Wish I'd seen his 6. I just re-read your Twitter feed: 4 set shot goals from marks; two crumbing goals. Really hope he plays next week.

You should be able to it's on YouTube. If you note the score at the time of my Tweets and match it up with the vision you should be able to quite easily pinpoint his goals.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast