Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Richmond, Round 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Just watched Horses's press conference where he destroys Hardwick in his usual calm and rational manner. He is a quality individual of great character. So pleased he is the coach of our club.
    That presser should be compulsory viewing. As you say, Blood Fever, Horse is a quality individual of great character.

[I see that Markwebbos got in first with the same comment while I was busy watching the press conference, or I'd probably read Mw's remark and it unconsciously prompted my wording.]
    Last edited by Odysseus; 13th July 2020 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Acknowledge another comment

Just watched Horses's press conference where he destroys Hardwick in his usual calm and rational manner. He is a quality individual of great character. So pleased he is the coach of our club.
    Agree.

Longmire was measured, decent, said what needed to be said and remained calm and considered.

Senior Player
    Oh well, with the injuries to Heeney and Kennedy the season is well and truly gone.

I'll refrain from criticizing Longmire so long as Mills replaces Kennedy in the middle, selections are reasonably logical, and the youngsters are given a good run in the seniors.

Just watched Access All Areas on AFL website for a few moments and heard those "experts" Damian Barrett, who is employed by AFL, and Lloyd who is always "right"!! Comment about the Swans. Barrett agreed with Hardwick and kept saying it. And Lloyd said Swans will be bottom 2 but didn't really argue hard with Barrett. Barrett is really a well known loser. I'm so glad Horse stood up for himself and the Swans. No love lost now

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I agree. Hardwick must realise it’s his responsibility to counter these tactics.

Clubs have figured out when you play Richmond to chip the ball around and keep possession when you have it, and when they have it to flood defensive 50.

Yet he refused to even up numbers allowing us to chip it around and with Robbie Fox playing on Tom Lynch they kicked 4 goals from 50+ inside 50s.

I’m sure someone in the media will point this out today. My guess is someone at the Age.
    I saw this tweet further down that Twitter feed:

"Anthony Leach
    @ahleach

Rhyce Shaw has until COB Thursday to submit his game plan and match tactics to Damian Hardwick for approval. #AFLTigersNorth"

Nicely put.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I saw this tweet further down that Twitter feed:

"Anthony Leach
    @ahleach

Rhyce Shaw has until COB Thursday to submit his game plan and match tactics to Damian Hardwick for approval. #AFLTigersNorth"

Nicely put.
    Mills picked up a perfect 10 from the coaches; impressive in a losing team. Fox picked up 3 votes, too.

Coaches' votes, R6: Bomber back in form, Lachie fails to fire

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't mean to quote your post, bloodspirit.

Senior Player
    Another good interview with John here. Gerard Healy watches us closer than most.

John Longmire gives an insight into his phone call with Damien Hardwick – 3AW

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Another good interview with John here. Gerard Healy watches us closer than most.

John Longmire gives an insight into his phone call with Damien Hardwick – 3AW
    Thx for posting this MW. Do you know who the d......head was who asked if we deliberately try and play negatively? It was like 2005 all over again. Typical of Melbourne footy media. Lazy stereotyping

Senior Player
    Thx for posting this MW. Do you know who the d......head was who asked if we deliberately try and play negatively? It was like 2005 all over again. Typical of Melbourne footy media. Lazy stereotyping
    Sam McClure.

Senior Player
    Excellent, well-sources analysis on the game from Jake Niall.

AFL 2020: Was there a guilty party in the blame game?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Excellent, well-sources analysis on the game from Jake Niall.

AFL 2020: Was there a guilty party in the blame game?
    Agree and Jonathan Brown On the Couch exonerated the Swans and put more blame on Hardwick. Other Melbourne brown noses like Barrett of course backed up their mate 'Dimma'.

Veterans List
    Barrett is a classic example of a Melbourne suck who knows who butters his bread. Very ignorable yes man.....but who unfortunately has 'opinion influence' and just reinforces the negative view he wants Vic fans to have of the Swans. A low life mercenary for his state league's interests....