Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants Swans Derby Tickets

I....cant....

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I....cant....
    lol !! sure you can Barry, people will go, or not go to a game regardless of whether you, or anyone else, is right or wrong on this subject. People have the right to not go to a ground based on distance, taste of the beer, seating, whatever. Just enjoy the game whenever and wherever you can make it.

Veterans List
    Can't believe that Sydney based supporters are refusing to go to the game citing a variety of IMO weak reasons. Us interstaters would love to see our Swans more and in fact fly around the country to see them, you only have to go across town.

Don't worry about giving money to GWS, the more they get the less the AFL have to tip in to make up the balance.

If Swans don't outnumber GWS supporters on the day I'll be pissed off, what better way to show the strength of our brand by clearly outnumbering and out voicing their band of orange people!

I know the players would really appreciate as much support as possible, get along there, don't wimp it!

Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post
    lol !! sure you can Barry, people will go, or not go to a game regardless of whether you, or anyone else, is right or wrong on this subject. People have the right to not go to a ground based on distance, taste of the beer, seating, whatever. Just enjoy the game whenever and wherever you can make it.
    Its not the fact that they dont go. Ive been to Giants games with crowds of 8000 and they are great.
    Its the piss weak excuses that they come up with for not going. I wish they'd just man-up an admit it, them and their hipster beards, cant leave the eastern suburbs.

Once they do that, I'll let go.

Long Term Injury List
    I'm a Melbourne based member and I'm tired of the generalisations being thrown around about Swans supporters in Sydney. I have a group of Sydney based friends I attend games with each year. At its largest the group numbers 22 not including myself. They all live in various parts of western Sydney, e.g. Berala, Kellyville & Parramatta. They all prefer the SCG for the atmosphere, etc. but still attended games at ANZ and will be at the Showgrounds on Sunday, and anywhere else the Swans play. We all follow the same club, and a great club at that. Be happy about that and move on. Some supporters don't get to see the boys play at all from one year to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Can't believe that Sydney based supporters are refusing to go to the game citing a variety of IMO weak reasons. Us interstaters would love to see our Swans more and in fact fly around the country to see them, you only have to go across town.

Don't worry about giving money to GWS, the more they get the less the AFL have to tip in to make up the balance.

If Swans don't outnumber GWS supporters on the day I'll be pissed off, what better way to show the strength of our brand by clearly outnumbering and out voicing their band of orange people!

I know the players would really appreciate as much support as possible, get along there, don't wimp it!
    I'm sorry... but not wanting to put money into their coffers is reason enough for me not to go.
    Despite what you say.
    I'm glad the swans members didn't turn up.
    What was their crowd... a touch over 6K.
    Good.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I don't recall this article appearing on R&W, so here it is:

The Sydney Morning Herald: national, world, business, entertainment, sport and technology news from Australia's leading newspaper.

I like the spirit in which it is written, and after being a naysayer to the decision to create the Giants, for the last couple of seasons I've welcomed, even enjoyed, their presence in the comp. Leon Cameron is doing a great job and has his priorities straight. I'd like to see more success for them, except of course when they play us.

I still don't like the name - pathetic aping of US style, and wish they had gone with the Walers (horses, famed on the battlefield and named after NSW) or something more local.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

I still don't like the name - pathetic aping of US style, and wish they had gone with the Walers (horses, famed on the battlefield and named after NSW) or something more local.
    Maybe the Swans should change names. We could be called Tom Harley and the Walers.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    GWS - Geelong got 29 to 16 free kicks. 6 in front of goal. GWS got nothing in front of goal Only Jude Bolton mentioned this. The Melbourne newspaper bias is unbelievable. If it was the other way around, it would have been front page news!!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    GWS - Geelong got 29 to 16 free kicks. 6 in front of goal. GWS got nothing in front of goal Only Jude Bolton mentioned this. The Melbourne newspaper bias is unbelievable. If it was the other way around, it would have been front page news!!
    Six frees in front of goal is ok - if they are there. Were any of them wrongly paid and/or soft as butter frees?

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Six frees in front of goal is ok - if they are there. Were any of them wrongly paid and/or soft as butter frees?
    Did not see much of the game but according to the reports, three of them were very soft. The reason I brought this up was due to the newspaper report as to why hawthorn did not receive two tripping free kicks in the 3rd quarter during their recent match against the Swans.

Selwood got a few headhighs and the silence from Derm was deafening.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast