Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8 Swans v Hawthorn MCG Friday May 11 7.50 pm

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Hey Dan,
    Thanks again for getting this site back up for tonites heart stopper and the memorable performance by B. Ronke and his mates.
    No problems, couldn't let this one slip
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Parker has been cleared by the MRO. Not even a fine.
    Bit surprised. Thought it was a bit reckless but it does happen very quickly. His physicality and game breaking is huge for us even though he is careless at times and tries to do too much.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Clarko currently on 3AW sooking about our defenders blocking their forwards. What a bloody hypocrite. For many years they've been reaping the benefits of bias umpires and we've been at the opposite end of the spectrum. I'd love to see if the AFL's lovechild gets fined.

He's a pathetic excuse for a man.
    But we all know what will happen now. Now he's " raised consciousness".They will penalise our defenders even more for imagined blocks. There'll be pre-emptive frees paid against us. Reg gets an unfair go as it is. The scragging on Gary Rohan, and sometimes Isaac last night was so blatant , and Horse doesn't whinge.

Senior Player
    I agree with Stellation - Jack's played that half forward role pretty well this year. Often hits targets inside 50 with short, smart kicks. He had 7 I50s last night and is third best Swan in that category over the year.

Separately, I thought Robinson had his best senior game in a while, if not ever. He got caught with it a little bit, but also had some good touches and seemed to want the ball.

Agree with those who praised McCartin's debut. He had 4 marks and I reckon those were mostly decent clunks on the lead up the ground.

So excited about Hayward - genuine star. Also excited by Ollie's game - still can make bad decisions under pressure, but getting more of it and an excellent kick.

Jones is a very valuable player when he runs the ball out of defence like that.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    He's been finding the ball okay, but his kicking has been really poor, but he's not Robinson Caruso in that dept.
    Robinson Caruso never could kick. Or sing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Sydney showed the blueprint of how to stop Isaac Smith

�Former Richmond coach Danny Frawley believes Sydney showed the blueprint of how to stop Hawthorn midfielder Isaac Smith.

Smith has been described as in career best form, but Swans midfielder Harry Cunningham tagged him to 16 disposals in his side�s victory over the Hawks.

Frawley explained how Cunningham was so effective.

�You put a hard tag on him and Harry Cunningham made the point that he played on Smith�s left leg,� he said.

�That�s the way he loves to run, he loves to run onto his left and he had to change his running angle.

�On his right, Smith doesn�t feel as comfortable and it was a very good tactic.�
    Find it hard to listen to anything Frawley says and take it seriously...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Find it hard to listen to anything Frawley says and take it seriously...
    I stopped listening to Frawley, and a number of other commentators, after the Goodsey fiasco. Showed their true colours then.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Posters View Post
    Totally. That goal had a taste of Micky O'Loughlin about it I reckon.
    Anyone see that one-handed grab by Hawkins against the Giants last week? That was classic O'Loughlin. I loved it when he used to do that. He was like a magician doing tricks at a kids party - would be wrestling for position and then "Here comes the ball! Where did it go? Oh look what this is behind my back! It's the ball!"

Classic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Anyone see that one-handed grab by Hawkins against the Giants last week? That was classic O'Loughlin. I loved it when he used to do that. He was like a magician doing tricks at a kids party - would be wrestling for position and then "Here comes the ball! Where did it go? Oh look what this is behind my back! It's the ball!"

Classic stuff.
    If I remember rightly, there would be an occasional little twirl of the ball, as well.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Clarkson - �the Swans got away with blue murder�.

*looks at free kick count*

Sure, whatever you reckon, Clarko.
    He actually said, "At different stages.....they were getting away with blue murder too." Not quite the same and he was talking about defensive blocking of opposition players going for marks, not everywhere and in all situations......but expect the Swans 'defensive tactics' to be scrutinised next week anyway. Clarko seems to have an influence, especially with his umpy mates.

.....but on the AFL website, this is how it is being put forward.....

"Swans get away with 'blue murder' in defence.

Alastair Clarkson laments the 'swings and roundabouts' that he believes didn't go his team's way"

He is a sook......and the AFL website likes to stir the pot.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 12th May 2018 at 06:45 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    What the??
    I was positive he would cop something.
    Will give the Dawks something else to whinge about.
    Three words for them.....Trent Cotchin precedent.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 12th May 2018 at 06:46 PM.

Veterans List
    Every time the Hawks lose Clarkson has a whinge. He must have missed the blocking their backmen were getting and the dodgy marking infringement frees.

When the Parker incident happened in front of me I thought he would be in trouble. After seeing replays I was hoping he would be ok because he correctly turned his body and was going for the ball. Some of the commentators on the radio this morning seemed to think the same thing. But you never know when it comes to the head. I was very happy to hear the news that he was cleared.