Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Round 7 Changes V Brisbane

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    In 2010 Ted had a real form slump and he went back to the twos and rethought his defensive work. He got footage of all the best key defenders to see where he was going wrong and what they could teach him. He learnt well. He came back with a better attitude and with a much sharper and more comprehensive defensive game.
    He also decided he needed to add a few kilos to handle the bigger blokes. Thorough our Ted, from realisation to planning to execution. A wonderful asset.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    If it is indeed Star Wars round, it's great to see Jake "Anakin Skywalker" Lloyd get a game during this round. HE should be on a t-shirt for this round!
    If I was a t-shirt designer ....

photo AFLStarWarsRound-Round7-2014_zpsa0fd2a80.jpg

That's amazing. Well done!

(aside from the horrible Ep1 flashbacks I'm having)

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    That's amazing. Well done!
    Thanks! I was happy with it ... given I spent the last 9 minutes working on it

If they don't put out an official t-shirt, I might get one made just for myself

Edit: no need to make my own! 3 different Star Wars Swans tees on the Swanshop site $40 for adults, $35 for kids

https://swanshop.onesporttechnology.com

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    (aside from the horrible Ep1 flashbacks I'm having)
    Soooo, not putting Dec 18, 2015 in your diary for the release of Episode 7?
    Last edited by goswannies; 2nd May 2014 at 03:20 PM.

Suspended by the MRP
    There is a considerable difference between a few minutes of brilliance in a game, and playing brilliantly most of the game regularly.

That's a pretty realistic view. Horrific leg fractures unfortunately often change players. Psychologically, physically. Our very own Jamie Lawson of the mid 90s never came back.
    Nathan Brown did resume his career after his fracture at Richomnd, but was never quite the same, slower and always in pain. But commendably, did come back & earned his place in the side.
    As compound tibial fractures are natoriotrously slow & painful healers. Gazz's improvement will hopefully see him worthy of senior selection & earn his place in the side on merit (hard work, ability & performance), but to expect him to realize the potential he had before the break might be a bit much.

Firstly pins, plate and/or nails are not always removed. That decision is based on symptoms & healing rates. Secondly removing the metal doesn't guarantee comfort. If the pain is related to neural mechanisms, compartment syndrome, soft tissue trauma to the surrounding muscle or fascia as a result of the initial compound fracture, then taking out metal doesn't change that too much. If the metal is prominent & directly affecting adjacent tissue, removal does help. If the presence of metal is impeding the final part of union & remodeling of the bone (which is evident on x-rays) then removing the metal will potentially aid that too. But there is no certainty it completely relieves comfort levels or improves performance.

For me it's important that HE gets better. Tibial compound fractures are nasty, life impacting injuries.
    It must be realized he might never be as quick as he was. His agility might be impaired markedly with proprioceptive changes. Only time will tell.
    However a mere mortal Gary Rohan (who never achieves his pre-fracture potential) will hopefully still be worthy of senior selection on his current merits. Give him time, not pressure & expectation.
    Wonderful post and thank you for answering my questions. I was watching that first quarter against Geelong at Skilled last year where we saw Garry take a well judged hi
    mark and then throw himself into a brutal one on one physical contest. I thought after seeing that quarter he would be okay, but he drifted away as the game went on.

He is a determined young man and I hope he comes good. Buddy certainly thinks he has a lot to offer.

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Star Wars round (Sunday, May the 4th - Be With You) ... are they going to put out Star Wars AFL t-shirts, does anyone know??

- - - Updated - - -

I'd settle for the footy smarts of Jude Bolts & Craig Bolts
    Melboure FC have Star Wars t-shirts, they were advertised in last week's Football Record!

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Melboure FC have Star Wars t-shirts, they were advertised in last week's Football Record!
    Swans shop has them too (all clubs have the same design I'm pretty sure)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Great work goswannies

If I was a t-shirt designer ....

photo AFLStarWarsRound-Round7-2014_zpsa0fd2a80.jpg

Very nice. I like the current ones the Swanshop have, going to have to get me one I think
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I've never been so excited over merchandise before!
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

If only we were playing on Sunday would have been perfect ... but still funny .. whats a day?

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    If only we were playing on Sunday would have been perfect ... but still funny .. whats a day?
    24 hours? 1440 minutes? 86400 seconds?