Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread Rnd3 Sydney V GWS

In the interviews I've heard , he seems quite the opposite of up himself.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Since we arent hitting stadium capacity boundaries yet, it would seem like a good idea if both memberships included the "away" Derby for a little extra.

If Spotless is too small, there is always an awesome 70,000 venue just a few hundred metres away.

Nah.
    Still don't want to put money into their purses.
    If all Sydney-based members turned up to the games, it would be almost standing room only.
    Blacktown bogan supporters can line up for whatever tickets are left.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Don't make too much of this... Mike Pyke can be very up himself at times.
    It's funny you say that Annie as I have always found Mike the complete opposite yet that is exactly how I would describe Goodes, but my daughter works closely with Adam in his capacity as an SCG Trust ambassador and says he is charming and probably the easiest of all the ambassadors to work with. I guess what I'm trying to say is we all see things and people differently.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Nah.
    Still don't want to put money into their purses.
    If all Sydney-based members turned up to the games, it would be almost standing room only.
    We all know that they wont turn up to games west of Auburn, So spotless will be safe for a while.

you are watching a star on the rise
    right before your eyes

Heeney is certainly having the same impact from the forward pocket that Michael Voss had in his first season

They remind me so much of each others ability with the high leap which Vossy had in his early years prior to the snapped shin bone

and they slot goals when needed in clutch moments !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

BTW what was with our centre corridor inside our defensive 50m area being exposed with one on one leads from Cameron and McCarthy

I though we fixed this up in the 2nd qtr with so much possession so we didnt see what changes we made but immediately after the bounce at half time it was bloody aweful defence again

Did everyone feel that Harry Cunningham showed his importance in the 21 when we play a give and go style of football like we did against the GWS ?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Did everyone feel that Harry Cunningham showed his importance in the 21 when we play a give and go style of football like we did against the GWS ?
    He took a lot of important marks and certainly played his role, I'd like to see him back himself and use his pace and kicking in a more attacking way sometimes though but I'm sure that will come when he gains some confidence.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Match Thread Rnd3 Sydney V GWS

From today's MRP statement:
    "The match day report laid against GWS Giants' Shane Mumford for enaging in rough conduct against the Sydney Swans' Jeremy Laidler was assessed. After speaking to the umpire who laid the report, viewing all available vision and conducting a further investigation, the panel could not be satisfied that a reportable offence had occurred. No further action was taken."
    On the 'Charged' video segment on the AFL site they describe it as Mumford taking a couple of jumper punches at Laidler, and the ump then telling Mumford he was on report to stop things from escalating. They show some pretty indistinct vision on this video segment at about 3.20 mins in. Doesn't look as if there was much in it.
    Yarran sent directly to Tribunal - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We all know that they wont turn up to games west of Auburn, So spotless will be safe for a while.
    Enough Barry - we get your undying love for anz, stop constantly hijacking threads with it - it is tiresome to say the least.

If only there was 'anz stadium lovers' forum you could hang out on...
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Don't get the Reid hate here - thought he was more than serviceable in defence on Saturday. Showing all the signs he could turn into an excellent tall defender.

Anyone else think that Luke Parker has been well off his usual outstanding standards since the concussion? Would love to see the Swans take a more conservative approach to this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Don't get the Reid hate here - thought he was more than serviceable in defence on Saturday. Showing all the signs he could turn into an excellent tall defender.

Anyone else think that Luke Parker has been well off his usual outstanding standards since the concussion? Would love to see the Swans take a more conservative approach to this issue.
    Rewatch the game. Reid was truly awful and his turnovers ultimately cost us at least two goals.

Parker was off against Essendon PRIOR to his concussion. Just under half of his 35 disposals were not to our advantage, with 7 kicks going directly to the opposition. It's no coincidence that we improved when he went off. He is badly out of form and his kicking in particular has been pretty poor.

He did improve somewhat against GWS but he did still manage to shank a few. Hopefully his miracle goal gives him some confidence.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast