Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season begins

Senior Player
    Read back, mate. you said he JUMPED the fence.

https://aflnorthcoast.com.au/2021/11...-sydney-swans/

For those that missed info on Angus Anderson end of last season there is some positive news re early or mid season possibility re drafting.

"A fast time of 6min14secs was recorded by Sawtell/Toormina’s Angus Anderson on the weekend in the 2km Time Trial in his #afldraftcombine testing.
    It was the 12th fastest time recorded nationally."

From my dusty brain I thought over the years he tried to crack into Southport and or a Vic team leading uoto the draft ?

A real competitor and definitely could do a Brett Kirk or Harry Cunningham if given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    https://aflnorthcoast.com.au/2021/11...-sydney-swans/

For those that missed info on Angus Anderson end of last season there is some positive news re early or mid season possibility re drafting.

"A fast time of 6min14secs was recorded by Sawtell/Toormina’s Angus Anderson on the weekend in the 2km Time Trial in his #afldraftcombine testing.
    It was the 12th fastest time recorded nationally."

From my dusty brain I thought over the years he tried to crack into Southport and or a Vic team leading uoto the draft ?

A real competitor and definitely could do a Brett Kirk or Harry Cunningham if given the chance.
    Or Dane, Rampe

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Logan McDonald: I've got unfinished business - YouTube

Macca has really slimmed down.

Logan's face looks like all the puppy fat of teenage years has fallen off.

Can wait to watch his opportunities this year. To have Bud running around taking on of the key defenders tends to allow an emerging player like Logan to find some one on one's and sneaky goals.
    Agreed. Impressive attitude shown in the snippet too.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Agreed. Impressive attitude shown in the snippet too.
    Yes agreed. Pleased to hear him say he likes living in Sydney too.

Suspended by the MRP
    You lot are mad ,

Can someone tell me whats going on with Mills or is it still that achilles from last year

At 0:37 he says he's living with "BJ and Marc... Sheather". Who's BJ? My best guess is it's James Bell. Second guess is Nick Blakey [Blakey Jnr?]. Does anyone know?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    At 0:37 he says he's living with "BJ and Marc... Sheather". Who's BJ? My best guess is it's James Bell. Second guess is Nick Blakey [Blakey Jnr?]. Does anyone know?
    I vaguely recall Errol Gulden referring to Braeden Campbell as Beej, in an interview early last season. So, could be him? Alternatively, Barry O'Connor could be a Barry James, a Barry John, or something similar.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I vaguely recall Errol Gulden referring to Braeden Campbell as Beej, in an interview early last season. So, could be him? Alternatively, Barry O'Connor could be a Barry James, a Barry John, or something similar.
    Braeden is referred to as BJ in the comments here: https://m.facebook.com/PennoAFL/post...3046164080280/.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    The Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period which commenced on Jan 10th ends on 9th March. It has been antipcated on various posts & articles that we'll use this to select Paddy McCartin. Wondering if club has any doubts on selecting Paddy at this stage & if he has to pass more hurdles before they do so?
    I have had the same thoughts. My discussions with like minded people are that he is a champion. We just need to be sure there are no lingering affects or AFL issues with this selection.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Braeden is referred to as BJ in the comments here: https://m.facebook.com/PennoAFL/post...3046164080280/.
    Thanks both. That makes most sense. I had considered Campbell as a third option but had no basis for thinking he was a 'BJ' except his first name starting with B and his being a 2nd year player. Even though he came from Sydney I was aware he had chosen to move out of home to be closer to the club.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I am hoping to get up to Sydney two weeks from now, hopefully for the whole week! I look forward to attending training! It's exciting to think .. right now the next future star is ready to announce himself!!

Or are they?? At what point i wonder did it "click" in years past for "The Chad" and Wicks last yr, or Juzzy the year before?? I wonder if it is a particular moment or turning point in the pre-season that helps them have their breakthrough, or if it is really as simple as they put in the hard yards over their breaks and come back to training different players?? Either way, must be so exciting for the coaches! Seeing who looks ready to take the next step!!