Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 1st Qualifying Final Sydney Swans v GWS Giants at ANZ Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Great call. The kid has many talents and tries his heart out - but he has many limitations as well, and one-sidedness, lack of vision and poor decision-making are among his worst.
    It is frustrating to see the number of times he bombs the ball forward without much care but usually this is justified by the pressure of the circumstance.
    His decision making with ball in hand and options available is more sound.
    The key to watching Mitchell is to realise just how often he presents himself and his selfless running. He is tireless, he doesn't complain and act out. He is courageous to a fault and above all else he wins his own ball again and again and again.
    But I agree he kicks wildly too often.

You seriously can't tell me now that they didn't throw this game.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    You seriously can't tell me now that they didn't throw this game.
    Throwing the game is a bit harsh. Lets just say they used different tactics to the norm in an attempt to confuse the opposition .but alas it backfired!! Its going to be an interesting weekend. 1 game in three weeks, will IMHO, make you a bit soft when the finals type pressure is really on. I believe its a big big chance for a Swans v Bulldogs GF. If we are 3-4 goals behind at half time, I will not be too worried.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Throwing the game is a bit harsh. Lets just say they used different tactics to the norm in an attempt to confuse the opposition .but alas it backfired!! Its going to be an interesting weekend. 1 game in three weeks, will IMHO, make you a bit soft when the finals type pressure is really on. I believe its a big big chance for a Swans v Bulldogs GF. If we are 3-4 goals behind at half time, I will not be too worried.
    "Different tactics to the norm in an attempt to confuse the opposition."
    Brilliant.

It was all about my momentum. They were concerned that I would have lost a lot of it only playing one week in three, hence going the hard way in.
    It's all about momentum.
    So glad I booked tickets to Melbourne (just in case).
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

When have we ever done things the easy way?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    When have we ever done things the easy way?
    1933?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    1933?
    Capture.JPG

Probably our most straight forward Premiership but we weren't the minor premiers and we did have to beat our bogey team, the Tiges, twice.

Capture1.JPG

It is interesting to compare the for and against after 18 games this season with 1933.
    The game must have been just as exciting in 1933 although we are a little better defensively than the 1933 Swannies.
    Last edited by aardvark; 19th September 2016 at 11:43 AM.

With that 1933 side, I think we could've won it from 4th. Great book about it "Swanlake Spectacular"

With that 1933 side, I think we could've won it from 4th. Great book about it "Swanlake Spectacular"
    Yeah thanks to players with massive gambling habits, a shady collingwood crime boss and cement trucks we didnt win 3 straight like we should have.

Can you imagine today if Lance Franklin was crossing the road the night before th GF and was hit by a cement truck driven by a collingwood fan with links to a massive crime boss? Aye yay yaaay!!

Quote Originally Posted by kilroyII View Post
    Yeah thanks to players with massive gambling habits, a shady collingwood crime boss and cement trucks we didnt win 3 straight like we should have.

Can you imagine today if Lance Franklin was crossing the road the night before th GF and was hit by a cement truck driven by a collingwood fan with links to a massive crime boss? Aye yay yaaay!!
    With the "truck incident" I presume you're referring to Pratt in 1935? If I recall correctly, the truck that hit Pratt was a lorry carrying bricks and was actually driven by a South supporter .... correct me if I'm wrong though.

With the "truck incident" I presume you're referring to Pratt in 1935? If I recall correctly, the truck that hit Pratt was a lorry carrying bricks and was actually driven by a South supporter .... correct me if I'm wrong though.
    Theres been so many different versions, but i think you are right, it was a South fan. But i heard John Wren was behind it all and ended making a motza from the gambling.