Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 8 - June 3-4

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    I'm sure our 2014 under 19s still remember that. I def remember 2012 div 2.

I guess when you get a half decent prems side for the first time in a few years and you cant even get a div 1 side that is the only thing that matters. Awfully quiet last year when you won 3 from 16 and 2015 when you won just 1 game.

Goes missing after a loss, chirpy as @@@@ after a win. So salty.
    Wrong - Not with UNSWES good luck to them and as quoted to me at the ground that it took them years to recover since Mini Bus.
    Was on way back from airport, so called in for a look.
    St George look good on paper but has big problems that all can see.

Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    Wrong - Not with UNSWES good luck to them and as quoted to me at the ground that it took them years to recover since Mini Bus.
    Was on way back from airport, so called in for a look.
    St George look good on paper but has big problems that all can see.

Keep up the good work
    You might want to visit more than just Prems one day. They seem rather healthy, and along with Penno, a good example of organic growth.

I try to go to games that offer good footy - some of the Girls teams would beat some men's lower grades.

Penno you say - is far ahead of St George. It's all about CULTURE. As I said Not many Mums or girls at their game supporting them.(Why)
    Their players play there game then become supporters are to over the top with full on abuse at opposition players - Club (Culture)
    What I've seen at time's when I've watched them (Rat bag's next to old score board) - If they had a club culture they would be brought into line! (but no - gone on for years)

All clubs have times up and times down. Maybe it's the way the Div's are set up. Put St George Div 4 in Div 2/3 and then see if there stars keep playing.

Did someone from St George kick a bag on you once? Real salty.
    I do agree that the quality of Womens footy is greatly improving. Not sure on the relevance of that point, but it's valid.

I'd say there are many other clubs with issues that far outweigh St George's challenge of spousal support.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    I try to go to games that offer good footy - some of the Girls teams would beat some men's lower grades.

Penno you say - is far ahead of St George. It's all about CULTURE. As I said Not many Mums or girls at their game supporting them.(Why)
    Their players play there game then become supporters are to over the top with full on abuse at opposition players - Club (Culture)
    What I've seen at time's when I've watched them (Rat bag's next to old score board) - If they had a club culture they would be brought into line! (but no - gone on for years)

All clubs have times up and times down. Maybe it's the way the Div's are set up. Put St George Div 4 in Div 2/3 and then see if there stars keep playing.
    Not sure where you have come from Clubman, but I think you have a personal issue with St George, not factual. In many ways they are leading the comp, Top in Div 1, 4 and under 19s with many missing out on their Div 4 team. From what I hear they will have a girls side, and potentially a Div 5 next season. They have also had a few players go to Power, only return to St George, so must be doing a lot right.

Also sounds like you have never travelled to the Hills to see the Eagles nest (or whatever they call it). Finally I don't think Syd Uni have a single supporter, let alone families / mums so where does you sledging stop.

Again I think you have a personal issue more than based on fact.

I dare say our club demographics are different to that of a suburban based club which would probably explain the lack of mothers at games. As for having no supporters, you should pop down to No.1 on either the 17th or 24th of this month - there will be plenty of people around. In terms of tangible metrics, we have nearly double the social media followers of the next closest club and a growing collection of paid supporter members as well so your estimation that we don't have a single supporter is a bit off the mark.

But that said you raise a valid point - it has been difficult to engage the local community, which I imagine is a common theme amongst every club. I live nearby to a suburban Prem Div club's ground and occasionally wander down for a look and it is hardly crawling with punters off the street keen for Sydney AFL action. In fact I would usually be the only one not affiliated with either club or the AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Also sounds like you have never travelled to the Hills to see the Eagles nest (or whatever they call it). Finally I don't think Syd Uni have a single supporter, let alone families / mums so where does you sledging stop.

It's a fairly common problem across all clubs from what I've seen though. I go back and watch my local rugby league team. They would probably have 300 people + watching. Lots of people bring their mates down and it becomes an "every second weekend" thing with beers.

Also helps that its a local comp so that people know most players on both teams. You rarely get 100+ people at any ground apart from special occasions where events are put on.

That's the challenge we all face - footy is not yet at the stage where the general public are interested in local Sydney stuff. They'll go to the AFL, sure, but aren't that interested in Prem Div or anything else. But we all just have to do our best to put our product in front of as many people as possible and hope that they like it enough to come back once or twice a year, spend $20 at the canteen and buy a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    It's a fairly common problem across all clubs from what I've seen though. I go back and watch my local rugby league team. They would probably have 300 people + watching. Lots of people bring their mates down and it becomes an "every second weekend" thing with beers.

Also helps that its a local comp so that people know most players on both teams. You rarely get 100+ people at any ground apart from special occasions where events are put on.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    That's the challenge we all face - footy is not yet at the stage where the general public are interested in local Sydney stuff. They'll go to the AFL, sure, but aren't that interested in Prem Div or anything else. But we all just have to do our best to put our product in front of as many people as possible and hope that they like it enough to come back once or twice a year, spend $20 at the canteen and buy a hat.
    Just while you two are finally getting along, is it true Austin Lucy cannot play any games against St George this year?

Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Just while you two are finally getting along, is it true Austin Lucy cannot play any games against St George this year?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Correct.
    How the hell did the league let this one through, what happens come finals time

Don't know if it is an agreement between the clubs or something that's been ratified by HQ, but if we play Saints in the GF (and there's a long way to go before we can even think about that) then he sits up in the stands. A deal is a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    How the hell did the league let this one through, what happens come finals time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast