Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RWO #AFL Round 2 weekend discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    I'm enjoying it too! Long may the Blues languish at the wrong end of the ladder!
    Living proof of the theory, that a host of number one picks doesn't make a champion team.

Collingwood's pressure is very good, but their skills are atrocious. Giants look second rate so far: lethargic and sloppy.

I thought Jeremy Finlayson could have been getable a couple of year's back when he couldn't get a senior game. Now he's the preferred option to Aiden Corr.

The Giants are playing 9 KPPs, albeit 1 was brought in to replace Greene. We're going into tomorrow's game with 4. Port Adelaide 6. I think 6 is a good number, which we can do once we get Reid and Aliir in the side. But the Giants don't seem to to be able to take advantage of their height so far. There's something not right about them.

Okay, I'll be the first to say the unclean words, "Go the Pies".

Veterans List
    Collingwood.....Jekyll and Hyde.

I know we got a 2nd round pick for this years draft off of Collingwood for Sam Murray but everytime I watch him play I see something that we have been lacking for many years, a player who takes the game on with his pace and kicks it long from half back.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Love the look of the Demons jumpers agaisnt the Lions tonight! Looks like their jumper from the early 80's!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    I know we got a 2nd round pick for this years draft off of Collingwood for Sam Murray but everytime I watch him play I see something that we have been lacking for many years, a player who takes the game on with his pace and kicks it long from half back.

I actually thought he wasn�t very effective for them. Very eye catching with his pace but end product lacking. Doesn�t seem to be able to work out what to do with the ball while running at full pace, so ends up either bombing blindly long or an ineffective handball. Also didn�t offer much off the ball or show an ability to win his own ball.

However it is his 2nd game of senior AFL footy so you have to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he will polish those aspects of his game as he gains experience.

Veterans List
    Collingwood.......Hyde.

Murray can run and can kick the ball long, but there's a lot missing from his game. He had 4 clangers and a 65% DE, which is poor for a backman. He's perfect for the Pies. He'll do some nice things, but turn the ball over a lot.

We have Cunningham and Jones, who can both provide run and carry off half back, if we choose to use them in that role. We drafted Ling and Stoddart and would think one will be playing that role next year, but with cleaner skills and better decision making than Murray.

The Giants are the real Jeckyll and Hyde team. I know they won the game, but there was a huge differential in talent, they should have won by 10 goals. I thought it was one of the their worst games in recent years.

If you had the ability, would you reverse the trade?

Veterans List
    Looks flashy and runs around lots but does little damage from what I can see. Glad to see our second pick languishing in the low 20s!

Carlton, lots of buoyant hype last week after scaring the Tigers but this is a team that always gets ahead of themselves, drank their own bathwater during the week, were pathetic today, bottom 4 beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    If you had the ability, would you reverse the trade?
    I never wanted him to leave in the first place. I think he would fit well in our side that if anything lacks a little dare off half back. Yes he makes some errors but he's also only played 2 senior games. Who knows what player we'll get with a 2nd round pick...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast