Thread: Captain's Wishes if they were League CEO.

Veterans List

Captain's Wishes if they were League CEO.

I like Luke Parker's wish......"I'd give Sydney its COLA back." Great stuff Luke.....not afraid to say what we're all thinking.

If I was AFL CEO: The captains give Gill some advice - AFL.com.au

Of those who took it more seriously, a lot said they would like a shorter pre season and more time off and a couple said bring the two mid season byes back. I didn't realise they had been removed....I think that's great (for the fans)!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

Of those who took it more seriously, a lot said they would like a shorter pre season and more time off and a couple said bring the two mid season byes back. I didn't realise they had been removed....I think that's great (for the fans)!
    There's only one bye during the year now because they introduced the bye the week before the finals. This was so that teams wouldn't rest players during the last round of the home and away season. Teams like Freo and North rested a majority of their side and Gill didn't like that.

Veterans List
    Current bye structure works well, you want fit teams for the finals. If you make finals, you get two byes, miss the finals and get one bye. Seems fair.