Page 9 of 145 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

He’s wasted one of his 2 good performances for the year on a JLT game , not ideal !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well.....I'll tell you what Gary Rohan has been up to. Kicking four goals tonight for the Cats that's what. Aaaarrrgh!! Oh well, good luck to him, as long as he and his family are happy....
    Didn’t Jack Watts kick 5 or 6 in his first preseason game for Port? Early days yet

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well.....I'll tell you what Gary Rohan has been up to. Kicking four goals tonight for the Cats that's what. Aaaarrrgh!! Oh well, good luck to him, as long as he and his family are happy....
    Highlights are on YouTube, worth a look. Not to read too much into preseason games, but I thought Geelong looked really sharp in that one.

Hanners coming back through the VFL ... eventually
    http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-19/...ses-on-ri-spot

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I feel for Hanners.....but not the Saints. They've made their bed......

I always liked Rohan. It was great to see him wrestling Hurley for a mark in front of goal. It reminded me of his last minute comeback goal for us and it's good to see he's still taunting Essendon. On a personal level he seems both physically and mentally strong and in a positive space. I think the move home has been really good for him and I hope he finally has that super consistent year that's eluded him for so long. Geelong have a positive vibe this year, despite what the media say. They're in a transition and it's an ideal time for Rohan to get on board. I imagine a lot of Swans fans wish him well (just not playing against us).

His first game since crossing over from Sydney will likely be through Sandringham. "Because someone's had a lack of load for so long now, talking a couple of years, because of injury and because he's such a warrior, he's put himself out there when he probably hasn't been physically capable of doing the work, he's struggled to back it up (at training)," Richardson said.
    What does he mean by "a lack of load for so long now"... ?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Don't know what he means but one think disturbed me last year. He was picked even though he was not contributing. When a club starts doing that it is the beginning of the end. I hope to never see that syndrome at our club again.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Pretty sure he means lack of a good solid pre season training

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I'm starting to see why the Swans accepted 1.5 Craig Birds for Hanners.

I'm just disappointed that we didn't trade him to make room for Mitchell a few years ago (and yes, I did say so at the time). everyone could see Mitchells potential.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Didn’t Jack Watts kick 5 or 6 in his first preseason game for Port? Early days yet
    I can't see Gaz being any better than he was for us. He's very hot and cold.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I'm starting to see why the Swans accepted 1.5 Craig Birds for Hanners.

I'm just disappointed that we didn't trade him to make room for Mitchell a few years ago (and yes, I did say so at the time). everyone could see Mitchells potential.

- - - Updated - - -
    Everyone except those that simply repeat the Swans line and belittle those that offer a contrary opinion (regardless of it's validity).
    I also have a feeling that it's those same anti-conformist RWOers that years later accuse others of not speaking up at the time.
    It must help if like the proverbial goldfish you have no interest in matters past.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Pretty sure he means lack of a good solid pre season training
    I think he also means that Hanners hasn't been fully fit for more than 2 years