Page 406 of 452 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,872 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I don't know where Cal Twomey gets his information (probably from ringing list managers), but he's doing a live chat ATM and has this to say about our pick 3.

CHAT RECAP: A draft with 'so many steals', new name in top 20

"Swans still strongly linked to Denver Grainger-Barras. There is a scenario where they could have to choose between Grainger-Barras and Logan McDonald and that would be a very close call."
    LoMac thanks.

Twomey often has good info. I don't know how he gets it, but he has good access to a lot of footy people. He's been linking us to DGB for a while now. There must be something to it. It makes a lot of sense when put in the context that we know we are getting 2 gun midfielders this draft. Drafting a KPP with our other pick is very logical. We've already said that we are interested in key forwards, so if Logan or Tintorp are still available, I think we'll go for the KPF. Otherwise, DGB is now looking the most likely. It's hard to say where Hollands fits in this picture. Maybe not at all.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Twomey often has good info. I don't know how he gets it, but he has good access to a lot of footy people. He's been linking us to DGB for a while now. There must be something to it. It makes a lot of sense when put in the context that we know we are getting 2 gun midfielders this draft. Drafting a KPP with our other pick is very logical. We've already said that we are interested in key forwards, so if Logan or Tintorp are still available, I think we'll go for the KPF. Otherwise, DGB is now looking the most likely. It's hard to say where Hollands fits in this picture. Maybe not at all.
    Yeah, Hollands probably isn't in picture.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yeah, Hollands probably isn't in picture.
    Going by previous years merry go round. KPF, KPD, and ruckman are more likely to be poached by opposition teams. Should we draft a KPD or KPF? Or buy them?
    Interestingly when Chris Fagan was asked to list his most important player positions on AFL ground, he said that an intercepting defender was the most important !
    DGB fits in that mould then.

On the Rookie List
    Agreed, a KPP is more likely. As I haven't seen any of them play, and therefore I have no justification whatsoever for my opinion, I would prefer McDonald, then Granger-Barrass, then Thilthorpe. Although, if it was me I would pick Hollands if available.

I really don’t care who we pick , we just need a 200 game player . The so called fab five all look to have great potential . Rightly or wrongly Whoever we pick is going to judged and compared to who the hawks, suns and bombers take after our pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Very comfortable with DGB when you see what he's achieved as an 18yo against men in the WAFL. Looks a certainty to become a high grade KPD.

I'm wondering if he has been our target from a long way out, we seemed to let AA slip to Port without a fight.

Just pick someone who hasn't had ACL or groin problems please.

What about Archie Perkins? It would be left field to take him with pick 3.
    He is tall, elite ball user based on the vision. Don’t know how defensive minded he is or how well he can run both ways but he looks like Elijah but doesn’t have the ACL injury?
    Elijah is going to be a great player if his knee holds up. But that is a ‘if’. Remember Petracca was similar.

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    What about Archie Perkins? It would be left field to take him with pick 3.
    He is tall, elite ball user based on the vision. Don’t know how defensive minded he is or how well he can run both ways but he looks like Elijah but doesn’t have the ACL injury?
    Elijah is going to be a great player if his knee holds up. But that is a ‘if’. Remember Petracca was similar.
    Could be another Rohan, all the athletic gifts ( except a table) , skill and X factor but not a huge ball winner. Gamble I wouldn’t take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pick 3 is not a time for left field picks. Its a time for sensible, level headed picks.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    ... Interestingly when Chris Fagan was asked to list his most important player positions on AFL ground, he said that an intercepting defender was the most important !
    I would say that too if I had Harris Andrews on my team
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017