Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes - Round 16 vs Hawthorn

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I agree that BJ will probably be sub but I'd prefer him to play a full game. He deserves the chance to play a full 4 quarter game in the 1s. In saying that though he's really the only option, Harry can't be sub 3 weeks in a row, Lloyd is too important and Bird isn't that type of player.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Warming the Bench
    bloody rain.
    Now we won't know how the side is travelling

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I can usually cope with Pannell, but with Stevic's seeming love of Hawthorn, I may have to warn the neighbours as to why it might sound like I'm having a domestic with myself on Saturday night.
    Seriously Pannell made the worst decision I have EVER seen in last weeks game between richmond and the blues. Kreuzer marked the ball over some tigers player who did not even touch the ball - not even touch it. And he paid the mark to the player in front.

I can't believe he is still umpiring AFL - if I was his coach I would have sent him off to see Willy v Box Hill or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Seriously Pannell made the worst decision I have EVER seen in last weeks game between richmond and the blues. Kreuzer marked the ball over some tigers player who did not even touch the ball - not even touch it. And he paid the mark to the player in front.

I can't believe he is still umpiring AFL - if I was his coach I would have sent him off to see Willy v Box Hill or some such.
    You're right. Hayden Kennedy (Umpires' Coach) agreed this decision was a mistake on 'Whistleblowers' this week.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    You're right. Hayden Kennedy (Umpires' Coach) agreed this decision was a mistake on 'Whistleblowers' this week.
    Stevie Wonder also agreed that it was a mistake...

The guy should have been given a week off.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Me and some mates watching that game were in hysterics at the mistake he made. It represented comically gold incompetence.

But what does it say about the umpires department that he didn't get ditched for a couple of weeks. I mean, what's it take?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Me and some mates watching that game were in hysterics at the mistake he made. It represented comically gold incompetence.

But what does it say about the umpires department that he didn't get ditched for a couple of weeks. I mean, what's it take?
    Making a mistake against hawthorn or @@@@ingwood?
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post

Yes, Pannell can make some comically surreal howlers, but Stevic (as the heir to MacLaren) often seems to only umpire one side of the contest, which can result in severely lopsided free kick counts, and which we usually seem to be on the wrong side of when he umpires us. And it's the relentless repetition of him, whistle in hand, running to the contest with his arm pointing in the wrong direction, that has me shouting abuse at the TV screen. Whereas I can deal with the odd rather mystifying decision.
    Especially if that decision is accompanied by a classic bit of Dennis Cometti commentary, as last week's howler was: "I know it's traditional to pay the mark to the man in front, but generally they're supposed to have touched it."

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, Pannell can make some comically surreal howlers, but Stevic (as the heir to MacLaren) often seems to only umpire one side of the contest, which can result in severely lopsided free kick counts, and which we usually seem to be on the wrong side of when he umpires us. And it's the relentless repetition of him, whistle in hand, running to the contest with his arm pointing in the wrong direction, that has me shouting abuse at the TV screen. Whereas I can deal with the odd rather mystifying decision.
    Especially if that decision is accompanied by a classic bit of Dennis Cometti commentary, as last week's howler was: "I know it's traditional to pay the mark to the man in front, but generally they're supposed to have touched it."
    Stevic wears a Wees and Poos shirt under his umpires shirt.... that I am convinced of. Watch him do another hatchet job on us tomorrow night.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Wees and poos?? I always thought that the official shades of the Hawthorn jumper were Mustard on Turd?

haha, turd isn't censored...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Pretty happy with those changes. Pyke was clearly not right and we can't afford to continue to carry him. Would have preferred Heeney instead of B. Jack but completely understand giving him another week given his age. Plus Brandon has had a good few weeks in the 2s. I suspect Bird will be given basically one task and that will be to shut down Mitchell as far as possible.
    Birdy may have to wear hip and thigh padding if that happens!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast