Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    SEN have flagged a worrying possibility

Denis Pagan throws full support behind Roos' bid for John Longmire

If Longmire can’t be won over, Pagan feels ... Nick Blakey is another ... player who would be “perfect” for the job.
    They mean John Blakey (not Nick). The actual quote from Pagan gets the name right.

I think the Rhyce Shaw honeymoon might be over. Looked good until half time against the giants and then the normal lolNorf kicked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    They mean John Blakey (not Nick). The actual quote from Pagan gets the name right.
    It was more a comment on the quality of their proofreading

Wayne Carey on Talking Footy speculating North will offer Horse a 5 yr x 1.8 million contract! Michael Werner stated North will be crazy throwing that sort of money as it will take up most of their soft cap. Luke Darcy has gut feeling Clarkson could be heading into Brad Scott territory, with Hawks list increasingly looking it will require re-building, which Clarkson made comment in R1 he won't hang around if that happened despite being contracted till 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    SEN have flagged a worrying possibility

Denis Pagan throws full support behind Roos' bid for John Longmire

If Longmire can’t be won over, Pagan feels ... Nick Blakey is another ... player who would be “perfect” for the job.
    They can “godfather” offer all they want. They’ve done it often enough with big name players and can only attract the second tier players

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Wayne Carey on Talking Footy speculating North will offer Horse a 5 yr x 1.8 million contract! Michael Werner stated North will be crazy throwing that sort of money as it will take up most of their soft cap. Luke Darcy has gut feeling Clarkson could be heading into Brad Scott territory, with Hawks list increasingly looking it will require re-building, which Clarkson made comment in R1 he won't hang around if that happened despite being contracted till 2022.
    If that's true then Clarko's backing himself into a corner as their list is in a pretty bad way.

Good to hear. So basically if Horse goes, we will take Clarko. Sweet.

1. As good a coach as he is, I don't know if I could welcome Clarkson to our club. Anyway, can't see it happening so won't have to worry about that.

2. I was home sick yesterday and spent a bit of time looking at the new coach thread on North's BF board. I was surprised, given that Horse (and John Blakey) are greats of their club that there isn't more love for them. Longmire would not be a particularly popular appointment among those posters. Some were in favour, others were not. A bit like the way I think some RWOers serially underrate his achievements. Just because we didn't win in 2014 & 2016 doesn't mean we didn't do fabulously well to get to the GFs and win the minor premiership. Their knocks on Horse were same as ours: too defensive game style and that he has underachieved with the talent he had at his disposition, although there were some powerful rebuttals of that point of view too. If they can't get a big name (and many were bemoaning the way the club was setting themselves up for disappointment like with the big name players they have chased in recent years) then there is a Melbourne Cup field of candidates with Blake Caracella and Scott Burns in the vanguard as far as popularity went (not counting Rhyce Shaw - who they have nicknamed 'Scamper' and who they are keeping an open mind about).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    1. As good a coach as he is, I don't know if I could welcome Clarkson to our club. Anyway, can't see it happening so won't have to worry about that.

2. I was home sick yesterday and spent a bit of time looking at the new coach thread on North's BF board. I was surprised, given that Horse (and John Blakey) are greats of their club that there isn't more love for them. Longmire would not be a particularly popular appointment among those posters. Some were in favour, others were not. A bit like the way I think some RWOers serially underrate his achievements. Just because we didn't win in 2014 & 2016 doesn't mean we didn't do fabulously well to get to the GFs and win the minor premiership. Their knocks on Horse were same as ours: too defensive game style and that he has underachieved with the talent he had at his disposition, although there were some powerful rebuttals of that point of view too. If they can't get a big name (and many were bemoaning the way the club was setting themselves up for disappointment like with the big name players they have chased in recent years) then there is a Melbourne Cup field of candidates with Blake Caracella and Scott Burns in the vanguard as far as popularity went (not counting Rhyce Shaw - who they have nicknamed 'Scamper' and who they are keeping an open mind about).
    Don't ever want Clarkson at the club. Single minded coach who has done very well but had a once in a generation talented list. Has a history of whingeing and nastiness to go along with it. Longmire has far more character and integrity, which are foundation stones of the Swans/Bloods culture.

John Longmire's manager Liam Pickering says the Sydney Swans coach isn't interested in coaching North Melbourne at this stage.

Pickering provides update on Longmire contract

Pickering: “Let me tell you this, without having spoken to John, or anyone at North for that matter since the weekend, I would be staggered if he was even jokingly drawn into a conversation about coaching North Melbourne,” he told SEN Breakfast. “I’ve had nothing from Sydney and I’ve had nothing from North Melbourne. I’ve had discussions with Sydney, absolutely, about the fact that he’s their man and all that, which you’d expect.”

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Don't ever want Clarkson at the club.
    If horse left I'd take Clarko in a heartbeat. He out coaches us on almost every occasion we meet.

imagine having someone at the swans who is best buddies with the AFL CEO.!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    If horse left I'd take Clarko in a heartbeat. He out coaches us on almost every occasion we meet.

imagine having someone at the swans who is best buddies with the AFL CEO.!
    I concur Barry. Clarkson is a very good coach and I'd also be happy to have him at the helm. But so is Longmire. I don't think Horse is going anywhere ...