Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOTY: Vote Now for Shaw

GOTY: Vote Now for Shaw

VOTE HERE

Shaw's up for Round 15 Goal of the Year.

Vote now if you already haven't.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I wish Shaw all the luck. I jst can't stand telemarketing..

23. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers, the AFL and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    I wish Shaw all the luck. I jst can't stand telemarketing..

23. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers, the AFL and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
    ... but if you tick the box saying that you don't wish to receive email, etc from the promoter, it's technically wrong for them to send it and you can go them.
    (Although you'll have to prove that you ticked the box.)

Ever heard of "send email from this address straight to junkmail?"

Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

It isn't so much spam email that bothers me.. Mainly phone calls.. I figure they sell the info they get from this to telemarketers.. Maybe I am just paranoid.. Who is that knocking on my door....

On the Rookie List
    I wouldn't vote for Shawy's goal as GOTY because there's quite a few of that type of goal scored...you know, Didak, Milney, any number of players score like that. Brilliant goals but there's a sameness about them. On the other hand, Buddy scored two against Essendon which were just sublime. Running goals, bouncing the ball, staying ahead of the opposition and then lining up from very tight angles on the boundary line. I reckon Buddy's are in the bag.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    I wouldn't vote for Shawy's goal as GOTY because there's quite a few of that type of goal scored...you know, Didak, Milney, any number of players score like that. Brilliant goals but there's a sameness about them. On the other hand, Buddy scored two against Essendon which were just sublime. Running goals, bouncing the ball, staying ahead of the opposition and then lining up from very tight angles on the boundary line. I reckon Buddy's are in the bag.
    But how many of those goals scored were by a Canadian who played rugby. Perspective counts. Mike you're my man.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    Maybe I'm weird or something but,
    love Shaw or hate Shaw,
    love the goal or hate the goal,
    IT WAS A SWANS GOAL!
    I just assumed ALL Swans fans would vote for it.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    love Shaw or hate Shaw,
    IT WAS A SWANS GOAL!
    Absolutely. It's not going to win the overall GOTY competition, but it was kicked by one of our players. If Swans "supporters" aren't actually going to support the team in trivial things like this, why bother?

On the Rookie List
    Oh come on, don't make me feel bad. I love a Swans goal as much as the next person. I go home after a Swans game without a voice.....but when you really get down to it you have to be fair dinkum about this: Buddy's were magic. I might have hated them if they were scored against us but they were scored against.........Essendon. Ha.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    love Shaw or hate Shaw,
    IT WAS A SWANS GOAL!
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Absolutely. It's not going to win the overall GOTY competition, but it was kicked by one of our players. If Swans "supporters" aren't actually going to support the team in trivial things like this, why bother?
    That's juvenile thinking and exactly why these 'online voting' comps are a crock and lack all credibility.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    That's juvenile thinking and exactly why these 'online voting' comps are a crock and lack all credibility.
    I really don't think you have any right to call me juvenile.
    What I wrote is my opinion, I don't ask or need your approval so keep your insults to yourself thank you very much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast