Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    ...Strange no bird given ressies have the bye
    Did anyone catch Parker's interview on the huddle on Grandstand last Sunday? I listened to the podcast.
    Anyway, they were talking about how it has taken a long time for Mitchell to get a game and Luke said about Craig "now it's a hard time for Birdy, he's out of the team when really he should be playing, I think."
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I'm sure Luke meant that he really should be playing given how good he is and has been, not that he should be playing at the expense of a player currently in the best 22.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

On the Rookie List
    Ah the good ol' Hawks game. I'll be watching, filled with my usual feeling of zero confidence that the Swans can win. The Swans seem to be completely incapable of beating Hawthorn no matter what. I look forward to a match that the Swans will fill with missed tackles, mindless fwd 50 entries, allowing opposition players to do whatever they want (Stratton anyone?) and of course very poor conversion. Conversley, I look forward to any Hawk from any position on the ground including full back throw the ball onto his boot and watch it go through for a goal after bouncing at all sorts of scientifically impossible angles.

Maybe Longmire finally realised last week that the key to success is goal-kicking mids. That is the only way Swans will have a chance.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Ah the good ol' Hawks game. I'll be watching, filled with my usual feeling of zero confidence that the Swans can win. The Swans seem to be completely incapable of beating Hawthorn no matter what. I look forward to a match that the Swans will fill with missed tackles, mindless fwd 50 entries, allowing opposition players to do whatever they want (Stratton anyone?) and of course very poor conversion. Conversley, I look forward to any Hawk from any position on the ground including full back throw the ball onto his boot and watch it go through for a goal after bouncing at all sorts of scientifically impossible angles.
    Pretty much how I feel unfortunately so I have decided to forego the usual trip to Melbourne and save myself the anguish of sitting amongst the most arrogant and offensive set of supporters in the AFL.

Instead I'm going to Spotless to watch what should be an absolute cracker of a game before going home to settle down in front of the OLED with some Thai takeaway and a nice bottle of Shiraz....

Goes up to 11

Maybe Longmire finally realised last week that the key to success is goal-kicking mids. That is the only way Swans will have a chance.
    Just a gentle reminder:

Fri May 7 2014
    Swans 107 def Hawks 88

See it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Just a gentle jreminder:

Fri May 7 2014
    Swans 107 def Hawks 88

See it is possible.
    Games at Barry Stadium don't count...

This is what made us such a strong team in 2012. This is why I want Mitchell permanently in the side. He's elite on the inside and it frees up Parker and Kennedy to go forward who are both efficient in front of goals.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Surely in a game like this our inensity will be up...
    A game like the Grand Final?
    C'mon Chels!

Warming the Bench
    I see Clarko quoted in Realfooty about how they will need to start aggressively against the Swans. For 'aggressive' substitute the real meaning: bullying and over the top. Bastards!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    ... before going home to settle down in front of the OLED with some Thai takeaway and a nice bottle of Shiraz....
    Eurovision??

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Eurovision??
    Hopefully it won't come to that...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Hopefully it won't come to that...
    At least you have a choice when at home.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast