Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans VFL 2022

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Corey Warner seems to have improved since I last saw him. His leg power and line-breaking threat is similar to his brother.
    That's probably the best I've seen him play. He's always had good moments, but today he had more moments. He does have plenty of pace, so he can both escape the clutches of his opponents and rapidly shut them down when they have the ball.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    That's probably the best I've seen him play. He's always had good moments, but today he had more moments. He does have plenty of pace, so he can both escape the clutches of his opponents and rapidly shut them down when they have the ball.
    Yep. He looked the outstanding athlete on the field.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    They cannot keep keeping Amartey out of the seniors. 24 disposals and 5 Goals again. Sheldrick looks all class.

Good win by the Cygnets as it was a battle between 7th and 8th on the ladder. We got killed in the hitouts but managed to get the crumbs. Amartey is a star with 5 goals and is unlucky not to be in the seniors.

A good tough win. The ball pressure was there all day, with Sandringham almost always being rushed. While offensively, there were periods when our ball movement was sharp.

Thought Bell and Amartey were the strongest contenders for BOG. Possibly Amartey. Although, Melican was also very good in defence. Going through the lines. In defence, O'Connor and Gould also won most of their contests, while Rankin was creative off the flank. In midfield, Sheldrick and Roberts ably assisted Bell in close, while Ronke and Wicks also had a bit of time in there and were busy. On the flanks, Warner was good and good things happen when Hall-Kahan has the ball. Of the forwards, Amartey was a standout. He both leads well into space and takes a strong pack mark. And I do like the way that the goal umpire rarely moves when he has a set shot. I also like how Morrison seems to have a few telling moments in every game that he plays. Other lesser lights did well: Gulden, Shipley and Bartholomaeus. All up, a pleasing effort.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yep. He looked the outstanding athlete on the field.
    Well, Peris for Sandringham looked sharp, but he has good genes. Hall-Kahan is also an athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    They cannot keep keeping Amartey out of the seniors. 24 disposals and 5 Goals again. Sheldrick looks all class.
    +1

Amartey was good all day. Sheldrick made an impact when he was injected after the first quarter. If they keep this up, they'll both be playing in the seniors.

Encouraging win today. As noted by many, Amartey a standout at one end and in his ruck stints, and Melican at the other.
    Won’t be long before Sheldrick is back in the seniors, either.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Who was it who ran the boundary late in the third quarter, taking four (?) bounces as he went. He then squared to an Amartey contest (free kick and behind). It was the Driver Ave wing and I was over on the Anzac Parade wing so couldn’t see clearly. Whoever it was seemed to be floating on the ground rather than sprinting, and ran past several opponents.

I think it was likely HHK but haven’t seen enough of him yet to be sure of his gait.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Sadly it would seem that Sinks is close to passing his use by date. Hopefully McAndrew will continue to develop into a viable alternative by seasons end.

The commentator was certainly impressed with the games of Amartey and also Sheldrick when he came on.

Wicks' disposal skills still seem to be his downfall and Bell is not so good below his knees while Ronke managed to kick 1:4 or was it 1:5 for the day. The other 3 later draft picks plus HHK seem to be chipping in, and if both Taylor and Clarke were out, with Morrison, Shipley ... also doing their bit, it was a good win. Of course Melican, Gould and occasionally BOC in defence were solid!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Who was it who ran the boundary late in the third quarter, taking four (?) bounces as he went. He then squared to an Amartey contest (free kick and behind). It was the Driver Ave wing and I was over on the Anzac Parade wing so couldn’t see clearly. Whoever it was seemed to be floating on the ground rather than sprinting, and ran past several opponents.

I think it was likely HHK but haven’t seen enough of him yet to be sure of his gait.
    Yes, Hall-Kahan. While he didn’t have the exceptionally good game of the previous week, I'm actually a bit more convinced now that we got a steal. He hits targets and is very creative, with plenty of pace.

With Sinclair badly beaten all day, both in the ruck and around the ground, Amartey was our only tall offensive weapon. This made his performance all that more impressive today. I would be doing some player management with our KPFs just to get Amartey into the side.

Except for his uncharacteristic poor goal kicking, Ronke had a very good day out.

HHK is very classy and already looks a sure thing. Plays like a top 10 draft pick.

Sheldrick and Roberts both very solid in the midfield. Bell was a physical presence and won plenty of the ball, but wasn't that influential offensively, given his good possession numbers.

Gould was solid again in defence.

For someone who came with a good reputation for kicking, I haven't been impressed with Rankin's kicking all year.

Corey Warner raising his game with good possession numbers and solid kicking.