Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: AFL media

I am not sure if this is the right place but here goes .....

Has anyone noticed the amount of press the Giants are receiving in the Telegraph in particular. Today there were 4 AFL articles - 3 on the Giants and 1 on T Harris , zero for the Swans.

This is an ongoing level of support for the opposition that has been repeated for the past couple of weeks - the number of Swan articles have been swamped by coverage of anything to do with the other Sydney team.

Just seems strange - is the Sydney press being "told" by the AFL to up their coverage and print any news on the "other sydney team".

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I am not sure if this is the right place but here goes .....

Has anyone noticed the amount of press the Giants are receiving in the Telegraph in particular. Today there were 4 AFL articles - 3 on the Giants and 1 on T Harris , zero for the Swans.

This is an ongoing level of support for the opposition that has been repeated for the past couple of weeks - the number of Swan articles have been swamped by coverage of anything to do with the other Sydney team.

Just seems strange - is the Sydney press being "told" by the AFL to up their coverage and print any news on the "other sydney team".
    Tabloid media and integrity are strangers to each other.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post

Will it be possible that the PR staff of the Giants are working harder? Will it be the Swans are sometimes too conservative and appears to be secretive or repetitive of the "official line" in interviews? Here - Outline - Read & annotate without distractions -is an example of how the Giants have opened their "doors" to the media? Can we do the same. Sometimes I can find more information in the Giants Web Site.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that former Swan Neil Cordy is no longer their AFL reporter.

I watched the Foxtel coverage of the game & saw Eddie ranting about the coin toss tonight and why the nominated people can't do something that isn't hard properly. After the add break he was forced to make an apology because the coin tosser tonight is an amputee & no 1 Swans ticket holder Cynthia Banham, a former journalist.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I watched the Foxtel coverage of the game & saw Eddie ranting about the coin toss tonight and why the nominated people can't do something that isn't hard properly. After the add break he was forced to make an apology because the coin tosser tonight is an amputee & no 1 Swans ticket holder Cynthia Banham, a former journalist.
    This guy is absolutely shameless. After saying this about Cynthia Banham's coin toss ....

“I think we should introduce a $5000 fine to anybody who’s tossing the coin and can’t do it properly,”
    “Every week, we have someone dropping it on their foot. Come on, toss it up properly, for goodness sake. Practise in the week, you know you’re going to do it. It can’t be that hard can it, guys?”

..... how can he then have the hide to subsequently "apologise" by saying this?

It had nothing to do with Cynthia Banham, who was the coin tosser tonight at the SCG and has a disability,” the Collingwood president said.“I just want to apologise if this was communicated in the wrong way, I did not mean to offend anyone, especially Cynthia, and I apologise unreservedly to her, her family and friends, Swans supporters and anybody watching tonight who took it that way.

Sorry you smarmy sack of crap but it had EVERYTHING to do with Cynthia Banham. It was a comment made specifically about Cynthia Banham, immediately after and prompted specifically and solely by her coin toss. How can you say it had nothing to do with her?

And what exactly do you mean by saying you "apologise IF this was communicated in the wrong way"? Is there some doubt about whether this was good communication? If so, perhaps you might enlighten us about what IS the right way to criticise a double leg amputee who uses a walking stick for not tossing the coin perfectly? And perhaps explain how talking about the coin "dropping on their foot" IS potentially appropriate in the circumstances.

You made a horrible mistake Eddie. How about you just be a big enough man to own it, humbly and genuinely admit your horrible mistake and offer a genuine apology, minus the weasel words, self-justification and corporate "if I misspoke" type crap. (I think the word "humbly" holds the key here - not a familiar emotion perhaps.) You may be large in influence and girth Eddie but at the moment you appear to be an extremely small man indeed.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm tipping he basically gets no flack over this one and nobody really asks him to explain his alleged "apology" in more detail. The Melbourne media (Caro Wilson excepted) is terrified of him.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    This guy is absolutely shameless. After saying this about Cynthia Banham's coin toss ....

“I think we should introduce a $5000 fine to anybody who’s tossing the coin and can’t do it properly,”
    “Every week, we have someone dropping it on their foot. Come on, toss it up properly, for goodness sake. Practise in the week, you know you’re going to do it. It can’t be that hard can it, guys?”

It had nothing to do with Cynthia Banham, who was the coin tosser tonight at the SCG and has a disability,” the Collingwood president said.“I just want to apologise if this was communicated in the wrong way, I did not mean to offend anyone, especially Cynthia, and I apologise unreservedly to her, her family and friends, Swans supporters and anybody watching tonight who took it that way.

Sorry you smarmy sack of crap but it had EVERYTHING to do with Cynthia Banham. It was a comment made specifically about Cynthia Banham, immediately after and prompted specifically and solely by her coin toss. How can you say it had nothing to do with her?

And what exactly do you mean by saying you "apologise IF this was communicated in the wrong way"? Is there some doubt about whether this was good communication? If so, perhaps you might enlighten us about what IS the right way to criticise a double leg amputee who uses a walking stick for not tossing the coin perfectly? And perhaps explain how talking about the coin "dropping on their foot" IS potentially appropriate in the circumstances.

You made a horrible mistake Eddie. How about you just be a big enough man to own it, humbly and genuinely admit your horrible mistake and offer a genuine apology, minus the weasel words, self-justification and corporate "if I misspoke" type crap. (I think the word "humbly" holds the key here - not a familiar emotion perhaps.) You may be large in influence and girth Eddie but at the moment you appear to be an extremely small man indeed.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm tipping he basically gets no flack over this one and nobody really asks him to explain his alleged "apology" in more detail. The Melbourne media (Caro Wilson excepted) is terrified of him.
    Well said. And well done Harley for this very strong statement: Club Statement - sydneyswans.com.au.

Senior Player
    “I just want to apologise if this was communicated in the wrong way, I did not mean to offend anyone, especially Cynthia, and I apologise unreservedly to her, her family and friends, Swans supporters and anybody watching tonight who took it that way.
    Ah yes, the classic "I'm sorry if you were offended" as opposed to just "I'm sorry."

How is it that Richmond supporter got a 2 year ban from attending AFL games for a single stupid comment on social media and Chins McGuire has a longer litany of gaffs than Prince Phillip (extending from racial vilification of a future Australian of the Year to mocking an elderly disabled female - who has earned a real doctorate - unlike the honorary piece of crap bestowed on Chins)? Eddie should be banned for life for his multiple verbal indiscretions.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    How is it that Richmond supporter got a 2 year ban from attending AFL games for a single stupid comment on social media and Chins McGuire has a longer litany of gaffs than Prince Phillip (extending from racial vilification of a future Australian of the Year to mocking an elderly disabled female - who has earned a real doctorate - unlike the honorary piece of crap bestowed on Chins)? Eddie should be banned for life for his multiple verbal indiscretions.

OR...maybe we just call him an ass and move on. The calls for retribution for speaking out of turn is getting absurd...

#AFL Round 2 Swans vs Crows Fri 29-Mar at SCG #AFLSwansCrows @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Well said. And well done Harley for this very strong statement: Club Statement - sydneyswans.com.au.
    Andrew Pridham was even more vocal.

"As a club we have endured numerous occurrences such as tonight’s. Slip of the tongue, over tiredness etc. Just a misunderstanding, comments taken out of context.

"Eddie needs to focus less on his too frequent sincere apologies and more on tolerance and respect.

Swans slam McGuire's 'disappointing and inappropriate' gaffe - AFL.com.au

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Andrew Pridham was even more vocal.

"As a club we have endured numerous occurrences such as tonight’s. Slip of the tongue, over tiredness etc. Just a misunderstanding, comments taken out of context.

"Eddie needs to focus less on his too frequent sincere apologies and more on tolerance and respect.

Swans slam McGuire's 'disappointing and inappropriate' gaffe - AFL.com.au
    Bugger I started reading and I thought he was talking about the umpires

Who cares about Eddie? he clearly didn’t realise she had a disability or he wouldn’t have came out with that statement

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast