Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 9, Swans vs Freo, 7:25pm, SCG #AFLSwansDockers @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Incidental contact for mine. Trying to lift the ball over the tackler and makes accidental contact.......we'll see if Mr Christian see it the same way.
    I'll tell you one thing I've noted about Mr Christian and the one man system - if you have a big name, you get an easier ride.

Theory to be fully tested this week.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I�m an unabashed Rohan fan but even I have to admit that he was clearly our least influential player tonight. He did do some nice things that aren�t reflected in the stats sheet but realistically, he should�ve got more than the 7 disposals playing against an ordinary Freo.

I�d keep him in the top grade but wouldn�t whinge if he were replaced.
    Players like ronke are doing the same job as him but better.

He has actually been ok recently being the main target, but can't seem to gell with buddy.

One of the interesting things about last night's game, was the lack of soft frees for interference in the marking contest. It could be that the Fremantle entries were so poor, that our defenders were rarely under pressure, but I don't think too many, if any, were paid against the their defenders.
    Maybe the umpires didn't appreciate being told how to umpire by Clarkson? Or maybe the alleged "blue murder" that we were getting away with, was just a figment of his anger driven imagination?

Two visiting American clients came to the game, surprisingly four of my rusted on Rugby League mates came as well helping to boost the Swans versus The Wedding crowd of 27,000.
    A ten goal win was exactly what was required helped by the Dockers inaccuracy.
    Buddy didn�t seem at all troubled by his heel.
    Two significant milestones, but why was Nick chaired off and not Josh as well ?
    The food outside was better than inside but that wouldn�t be hard.

I didn�t notice any HTB paid .

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Two significant milestones, but why was Nick chaired off and not Josh as well ?
    I guess it's just tradition that total game milestones are acknowledged in that way but not club game milestones. Joey will have his 250th overall game to celebrate in the not too distant future.

Speaking of milestones, they keep on rolling around. Papley is due to play his 50th next week, and then Hanners his 200th the week after and Grundy his 250th two weeks later.

I was slightly surprised to see that Hanners debuted a season and a half after Smith yet brings his 200th up just two games later. My impression is that Hanners has had more injury interruptions to his career than Smith. But I guess it took Smith quite a while to earn a long-term spot in the team after his couple of early games, while Hanners was pretty much a fixture in the senior team from his debut.
    Last edited by liz; 20th May 2018 at 09:57 AM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I didn�t notice any HTB paid .
    Just wandered into my lounge, where the TV is on showing the Fox replay of the game. Walked in to see HTB (correctly) paid against Papley in our forward line, late in the second quarter.

But you're right, there didn't seem to be many.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone know where (if it's possible?) to get stats of time spent in various positions/parts of the ground? Every now and then I'll see a telecast flash something showing a % for a particular player, but not sure if it's a sneaky Champion Data limited access sort of thing.

I'm really curious to see the % of Joey, Luke and Isaac's time spent forward vs. midfield this season (ideally compared to previous seasons if there's historical data).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    I noticed a broad band of white tape around Kennedy's thigh, just above the knee yesterday. Can't recall if it's been there in recent games. Seems to confirm that he's carrying some kind of injury, that would help explain why he's not been as dominant - consistently - as he usually is.

Can one of our resident physio experts shed any light on what tape above the knee might signify? I presume it's some kind of instability in the knee ligaments?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    Solid, percentage boosting win. Lovely. Just hope Bud isn�t rubbed out for a week. The Fox Sports commentary are saying he may have a case to answer. What do you RWO�ers think?
    Nothing in it. He had the ball in his hands and was trying to shrug a tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Can one of our resident physio experts shed any light on what tape above the knee might signify?
    Practising for a career change to be a lock forward for the Waratahs?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Just wandered into my lounge, where the TV is on showing the Fox replay of the game. Walked in to see HTB (correctly) paid against Papley in our forward line, late in the second quarter.

But you're right, there didn't seem to be many.
    There was another against Parker a few minutes earlier. I�m pretty sure the Swans weren�t awarded one but then again with only 34 tackles for the whole game there wouldn�t have been many chances for this to happen.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast