Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: richards out for season

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    What are you on about, backing in to take a mark is a bad judgement? It's not netball.
    With 30 seconds to go and 10 goals down I'm not sure if you need to take such a risk. Yes, it's fantastically courageous and we all admire him for that, but now he's out for the rest of the season, which is not that great.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    With 30 seconds to go and 10 goals down I'm not sure if you need to take such a risk. Yes, it's fantastically courageous and we all admire him for that, but now he's out for the rest of the season, which is not that great.
    But don't we expect (unreasonably at times) the players to act on instinct. I somehow don't think he had time to assess where the ball was going and then think, "oh well, we're not going to win, and if I go for this ball I might get a knee in the ribs and land up in hospital".

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    But don't we expect (unreasonably at times) the players to act on instinct. I somehow don't think he had time to assess where the ball was going and then think, "oh well, we're not going to win, and if I go for this ball I might get a knee in the ribs and land up in hospital".
    It is not unreasonable. Players gain a reputation on how they play. Ted is a courageous player. I am sure he would not, could not, play any other way. Moreover, I doubt he would hold his place in the team if he was a squib. Ed Barlow would do well to ponder, although he has plenty of natural ability.

Richards could stand next to Hird, Archer, Brereton and Kelly and hold his head high in at least one aspect of the game. Good for him. He has my admiration.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

back in time for finals
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Some players are aware of what is happening around them and what the state of the game is. Teddy isn't. We all admire him for his courage but I'm not sure if some more aware players would have done such a thing in such a situation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Hill View Post
    Who the hell said that??? He was obviously in heaps of trouble!!
    Some Carlton clown in front of us.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Some Carlton clown in front of us.
    There was also a carlton idiot in front of me who told Richards to get up and that he was weak so I yelled out abuse at him . He had no comeback.

At the time I didn't know he had broken ribs and punctured lung...but regardless of that you cannot say that Richards was weak.

Watching him cough up blood was seriously the worst thing I've seen for years. Poor pet. It was horrible.

Get well soon Teddy!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    There was also a carlton idiot in front of me who told Richards to get up and that he was weak so I yelled out abuse at him . He had no comeback.

At the time I didn't know he had broken ribs and punctured lung...but regardless of that you cannot say that Richards was weak.
    I used to use the comeback, "If he's so weak, how come he's on that side of the fence and you are on this side?"
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Veterans List
    I used to use the comeback, "If he's so weak, how come he's on that side of the fence and you are on this side?"
    My abuse to him was along those lines as well.

I remember once last year at Telstra Dome we were sitting just behind the swans bench...I think it was at the Collingwood Game. Anyway when Hall came to the bench this pies supporter was yelling abuse at him so my dad told him to go to the fence and tell him to his face. He suddenly slipped down into his seat .

What are you on about, backing in to take a mark is a bad judgement? It's not netball.

I believe Ted to be a very courageous player, I hope he recovers quickly.
    Add to that that he was doing his job - standing 20 or so in front of Fevola and Bolton and covering the hole. He's not the first player to be seriously injured playing in the hole, so don't let anyone believe for a second that he hasn't got guts. Every backman knows the risk playing that role.

Heard on the news that he has to take a car back from Melbourne as his lung won't cope with a pressurised aeroplane. At least it's only 850km, not like when Hird had his pretty face busted up at Subiaco and had to drive the 4,000km back to melbourne.
    10100111001 ;-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast