Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Elimination final V St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    I do know if that works in terms of balance- 2 tall key position players for 2 midfielders.
    Though oddly enough, that is the reverse of the change we had this week, and that lineup worked fine against Geelong.

Grundy and Reid in for Kennelly/Bird and Jetta for me.

On the Rookie List swansprincess's Avatar
    Grundy, Reid and Gordon in/ Jetta, bird and perhaps Kennelly out.

Any news on the shoulder of O'Keefe?
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    Any news on the shoulder of O'Keefe?
    Having scans this morning.

Outs: From - Jetta , Malceski, Kennelly, Bird, and maybe O'Keefe

Ins: From - Reid, Grundy, LRT, Gordon, Moore

I'd imagine they would only make 2 changes, ie reverse last week, but maybe a forced 3rd with O'Keefe
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    As crap as Irish has been for the past month yesterday he was playing with his old skill, dash and confidence. I say keep him in. A seasoned finals campaigner in form can be invaluable.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Tadhg will be kept in I reckon. Best game in many, many weeks yesterday and as a point of affection/love, I think the coaches will keep him in the side. Probably at the expense of Mal (who I think should be in the side over Tadhg personally).

I'd be going Jetta, Tadhg out for Reid, Grundy. But I imagine it will be Mal out instead of Tadhg.

Was Mal left out only on fitness originally? If that was the case, then he's at least had a run, albeit at a higher level than intended, and should stay.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    As crap as Irish has been for the past month yesterday he was playing with his old skill, dash and confidence. I say keep him in. A seasoned finals campaigner in form can be invaluable.
    I politely disagree. While Tadhg didn't make any egregious errors (one really dodgy handball aside), he didn't do anything with the ball in hand that had me thinking that's the Kennelly of old. It's really not something you can reverse in 2 weeks of senior football and 1 in the ressies. Without his run and carry, he reverts to being a player who has average defensive skills.

He started on the bench at the start and after half time and I'll be very interested to see how much TOG he had. With McVeigh looking quite comfortable at HB, I think Kennelly may be squeezed out of the finals side.

He was in for the Geelong game but was a late withdrawal with "soreness" (whatever the hell that means). Tadhg came in luckily for him and now that he's announced he's retiring (and played OK yesterday) I think the coaches will keep him in. Mal deserves more to be in the side though in my mind. And McVeigh's work across HB has made much of Tadhg's work a bit surplus to needs really.

Doc Larkins says Reid unlikely to play this week with calf injury. May be ok following week if we get through.

What's his source on that? Aside from him being a doctor on tv and therefore deeming it fine for him to comment given no information aside from the following on his notes - Sam Reid (calf).

That's what it normally is with larkins from what I've seen.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast