Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd.17 V Hawthorn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I guess when you and I are looking at the players, we're looking at different things

Next game I shall endeavor to play close attention to the ripply fineness of Buddy's amazing biceps and taught quads

It's a bit obvious when they are so shiny.
    Many players have been doing this for years.

In: Henney, Laidler (need him to play on Breust)
    Out: Rose, Aliir (very stiff)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    In: Henney, Laidler (need him to play on Breust)
    Out: Rose, Aliir (very stiff)
    Laidler has a hamstring strain and won't play this week.

Heeney should only come in if 100% fit, otherwise there is no point in risking him.

Senior Player
    I remember the first time I noticed the long "Sydney" chant. It was in a game in very heavy rain towards the end of the 96 season, and it was very eery and mesmerizing experience in the mist that made it impossible to see the other side of the ground. I like to think it lifts our team but this whole thing of judging teams fans by the manner of their barracking or lack of it is a bit weird I think. I get a bit worked up at games and are pretty loud but does that make me a "better" (or worse) supporter than the other members who have been sitting around us in the Brewongle for last 20 odd years who never yell anything out? Not really.
    Changes for the Hawthorn game : In Heeney, Out Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I've just been through this thread. In terms of atmosphere, I think that the SCG fans generally get the balance about right, at least where I sit in Bay 29. We have a player or two from the opposition that might cop a bit, particularly if he has done something dodgy on the night, or given it to us during the week (Sam Mitchell should be in for it this week), and we definitely express displeasure at bad umpiring calls, but we don't rip into the umpires on their way off the ground either. I don't go for the contrived stuff (eg Sweet Caroline) but when the "Syyyyyyyyyyyyydneeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy" chant starts at the right time (when we're behind but are rallying and the crowd starts it, not the PA) and everyone's into it, it's fantastic.

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Yes KT. The West Coast game in the rain. We won the game by about 6 goals and the minor premiership. I was totally soaked and loved it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    McGlynn for Rose

Whitecross, Litherland, O"Rourke for Shiels, Hartung, Howe

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    McGlynn for Rose

Whitecross, Litherland, O"Rourke for Shiels, Hartung, Howe
    They must reckon they need Benny for toughness?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Emg Foote Nankervis XRichards
    Hartung Obrien Miles

1 change. McGlynn for Rose. Not happy with that change. McGlynn has offered almost nothing this year and i feel we are too small up forward with both he and Papley both in. Rose was quiet last week but offers a little more X factor which helps make us more dangerous in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    1 change. McGlynn for Rose. Not happy with that change. McGlynn has offered almost nothing this year and i feel we are too small up forward with both he and Papley both in. Rose was quiet last week but offers a little more X factor which helps make us more dangerous in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    I like Rose and think McGlynn has looked off this year, but I'm supportive of this change. We'll need all the hardness we can get in this game, and Rose has looked down on confidence, manifesting particularly in poor goal kicking. McGlynn got 5 votes from both coaches on the weekend, and deserves this (potentially last) chance.

I hope Heeney goes well in the reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I remember the first time I noticed the long "Sydney" chant. It was in a game in very heavy rain towards the end of the 96 season, and it was very eery and mesmerizing experience in the mist that made it impossible to see the other side of the ground. I like to think it lifts our team but this whole thing of judging teams fans by the manner of their barracking or lack of it is a bit weird I think. I get a bit worked up at games and are pretty loud but does that make me a "better" (or worse) supporter than the other members who have been sitting around us in the Brewongle for last 20 odd years who never yell anything out? Not really.
    Changes for the Hawthorn game : In Heeney, Out Rose.
    I remember when that started.
    I hated it as the Sydney crowd was already being accuse of not knowing the game properly and not booing and cheering at the right times.
    They were said to be 'learning' the game.
    When the chant started, it was seen down here in Vic as the crowd associating soccer antics into the game again because they didn't really know what to do.

Now that this is no longer an issue, I like the long chant. Should be done more. Makes a fun and unique part of the Sydney experience.
    Maybe it conflicts a bit with Sweet Caroline?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Wheres Isaac?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast