Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Offical Swans cant play in the Rain]

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Is tippo really such a liability in the wet. He was by far the cleanest of our talls yesterday, in particular with the two.snapped goals.
    Agreed. He picked up some balls very cleanly yesterday. What what really shown was the lack of a genuine small forward aka heeney

It don't rain as much in September
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Sorry very angry?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    It's wet today, so let's kick the ball towards the Bulldogs end .... Duh.. !
    Not a good move and we did it a number of times.

Cute handballs and precise kicks don't cut it in the wet - why do we persist with this game style in the wet ? I learnt this in my 1st yr of footy in u9's ! Surely our coaches can see this

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Cute handballs and precise kicks don't cut it in the wet - why do we persist with this game style in the wet ? I learnt this in my 1st yr of footy in u9's ! Surely our coaches can see this
    Precise kicks? By the Swans? In the wet? In the dry? Anytime? Oh I just wish! (But I get your drift ......)

Senior Player
    I was just thinking back to 2012. Bulldogs at the SCG, Swans won 20 goals to 5 in one of their best ever wet weather performances (and before a pitiful crowd).

What worries me is not so much the wet, but the inconsistency in skills from week to week. They go from fast, slick and pinpoint (Port Adelaide) to...the opposite, you never know which one it's going to be. I can only assume the main factor is opposition pressure, rather than suddenly forgetting how to play.

Senior Player
    The first game I took my then 6 year old daughter to was last years game at the SCG against The Kangaroos which we all know we lost in the rain.

My daughter stated at the end of the game the swans need to practice more in the rain. How wise she is !!!

What frustrates me is that rainy games in Sydney are not a rare occurrence, you would think the team would have learnt to deal with the weather conditions by now.
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Playing catch up footy rarely works.
    It never works in the rain.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    What frustrates me is that rainy games in Sydney are not a rare occurrence, you would think the team would have learnt to deal with the weather conditions by now.

Exactly. I'm surprised we know how to play in the dry with the number of home games we have in the wet.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11
    I see rain is forecast for Melbourne for Saturday. Oh hooray.

At least we'll get a chance to see what the boys have learnt from last Saturday.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast