Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 6 - May 13-14

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    Ok no problem as I said this is what I was told from someone not what I saw. Apparently as the players from the visiting side were re-entering the field for the second half some had Alcohol or other fluids poured onto them from the Balcony above and apparently another had a spectator take a swing at him. As I said IF its true pretty ordinary.......
    Hahahahah good on you for regurgitating such rubbish....

Like i said i was there for this entire game and nothing even remotely close to this occurred. Roo and Waterboy?

filling up the bottles
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    Ok no problem as I said this is what I was told from someone not what I saw. Apparently as the players from the visiting side were re-entering the field for the second half some had Alcohol or other fluids poured onto them from the Balcony above and apparently another had a spectator take a swing at him. As I said IF its true pretty ordinary.......
    Mate I think you need a new source I'm sure the cats wouldn't waste there alcohol or any other fluid on that mob.I know for a fact the president of the club was the ground manager that day and he would never allow something like that to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by water boy View Post
    Mate I think you need a new source I'm sure the cats wouldn't waste there alcohol or any other fluid on that mob.I know for a fact the president of the club was the ground manager that day and he would never allow something like that to happen.

The cats have a history of alcohol related incidents. Don't try to say they don't. I wasn't there but I know where my money is.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Boy View Post
    The cats have a history of alcohol related incidents. Don't try to say they don't. I wasn't there but I know where my money is.
    Such as?

Only one i am aware of is when at Weldon last year their U19s were physically touched by Prems and reserves spectators from Manly in an all in melee during a game and i heard there was alcohol involved.

Unaware of anything else in their history unlike our Prems GF last year at Blacktown?

On the Rookie List
    Water boy this isn't the INCIDENT where some over excited supporter (re yourself) accidentally knocked off my full and UNOPENED can of Jimmy that was resting on the railing and almost sconned the lady walking by below was it? Has this now turned into showering Magic players with alcohol from above? But who really cares? Never get the truth get in the way of a good story!

filling up the bottles
    Quote Originally Posted by red dragon View Post
    Water boy this isn't the INCIDENT where some over excited supporter (re yourself) accidentally knocked off my full and UNOPENED can of Jimmy that was resting on the railing and almost sconned the lady walking by below was it? Has this now turned into showering Magic players with alcohol from above? But who really cares? Never get the truth get in the way of a good story!
    Correct.Its funny how these sorts of story's change from person to person

So your money is on a Chinese whisper from an anti cats person on a forum?

Won't be having a punt with you.

Can you name any of the incidents you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by water boy View Post
    Correct.Its funny how these sorts of story's change from person to person

There was no suggestion that a can nearly hit a woman in the head. As you can see if you look at my post it was Players having Grog/Liquid poured on them when running out after halftime and one having a spectator take a swing at him. As I said a number of times I wasn't there and it was told to me from someone that was. I believe that it was reported to higher Authorities also so if that's the case I guess others are aware of it. If its not true obviously you have nothing to worry about.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    So your money is on a Chinese whisper from an anti cats person on a forum?

Won't be having a punt with you.

Can you name any of the incidents you speak of?
    I remember hearing an incident a few years ago where alcohol fuelled cats spectators incited a brawl on the sideline during a game.
    Incredibly the opponents coach was cited.
    I'm sure I've heard of at least one other time. Most incidents in general don't end up on the back pages so we don't hear about them. It doesn't mean they don't occur.

Pushing for Selection
    I remember hearing an incident a few years ago where alcohol fuelled cats spectators incited a brawl on the sideline during a game.
    Incredibly the opponents coach was cited.
    I'm sure I've heard of at least one other time. Most incidents in general don't end up on the back pages so we don't hear about them. It doesn't mean they don't occur.
    Referring to the Wests coach that pulled a spectator over the fence by his jumper and got 6 weeks suspension??

Pushing for Selection
    A message from JL (The Prez)

"Please share with those concerned that the Camden Footy Club is not perfect but we are continuing to focus on building a great culture which has seen our Club grow from 1 team to 5 in the last 4/5 years.

We do not have an issue at the Cats with alcohol nor did any such incident happen at Fairfax in Round 6. If such an incident had of taken place i am sure Lauren or Bob would have been in touch.

We will continue to grow the game of AFL in SWS and hopefully one day reach the pinnacle of Sydney footy.

If anyone wants to call me my number is readily available on websites ECT"

I know that this is off-track, but is there any reason why Manly put up a 20 metre fence in front of the stand at Weldon?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast