Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,572 of 1579

Thread: Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    A NFL-type rotating GF system is the only feasible alternative to the current fixed MCG venue. It is not logistically practical to decide the venue only after the GF competitors are known - plans need to be in place well before the end of the season.

But a rotating system would only by chance mean a �home� GF for non-Victorian GF competitors. And would be likely to mean that a Victorian club often gets a home GF when it is the turn for the MCG to be the venue.
    I think that's a myth. The AFL seemed to organise a 2nd grand final a few years ago just fine. By 2nd week of finals you can know within two venues who it will be.

You could always have the bye between prelims and gf.

Other sports do it, in sure we can to.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Why not hold the GF at the home stadium of the minor premier? That would be fair. The minor premier may occasionally not make it to the GF but they usually do.

We all know that it won't happen though because the MCG GF means too much money for the AFL and the AFL is Victorian centric.
    Minor premier idea a good one. Major soccer comps award the title champion to the team that finishes on top. AFL minor premier very little recognition and has no more advantage than the team that finishes second.

There's a facebook post under the name "Talking AFL" who have posted that after the granny, all of the Adelaide cheer squad's equipment was stolen and damaged.
    It happened immediately after the game when the Richmond fans behind the cheer squad ran to the fence and forced them out of the way.
    The Adelaide cheer squad didn't have enough time to pack and grab their gear, hence it was stolen and destroyed. Most of the stuff was found outside the ground after the match.
    The cheer squads of the clubs use their own money (and fundraising) to buy this gear... plus their TIME and efforts.
    If the atmosphere at a game is quiet, they blame the cheer squad.
    Am I wrong in suggesting that this behaviour is just not right in any way, shape or form?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    And I wonder what the AFL will do about this?

Sweet @@@@@ Adams I'll bet.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

I've been telling them to go to the media about it.
    People should know. It's disgusting behaviour.
    Had it been the other way around, the Melbourne media would have been running it for a week.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Paul Roos (when he was the Swans coach) once said that he thought the only real home team advantage that the travelling team couldn�t do anything about was the fact that home team players get to sleep in their own beds the night before the match and go through their normal routines in preparation.

The umpiring in the 2016 GF was poor umpiring. I too am inclined to think crowd affirmation can influence umpires - but it shouldn�t for the best umpires. Despite our past issues with Ray Chamberlain I don�t think he is swayed by the crowd noise.

And if we do believe crowd support can influence the result, then in principle that should be an argument for GFs to be held at neutral venues, not at the ground of the team that finished higher in the H&A. (If�s not going to happen, too many logistical problems with organising a GF with one week�s notice.)
    Wrong Meg.
    The umpiring in the 2016 GF was BIASED

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Wrong Meg.
    The umpiring in the 2016 GF was BIASED
    +1000
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veterans List
    They just had the 2005 GF on foxtel. I still get goosebumps after "Leo Barry you star!" ????

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    They just had the 2005 GF on foxtel. I still get goosebumps after "Leo Barry you star!" ????

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    Yes, always a great moment.

I was walking thru crown on Thursday night after dinner, and I could see the Hawks and Swans playing Goodes, Malceski etc.
    I was guessing 2012 GF, I got close enough to see the scores, and quickly moved on. Wrong GF.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    There's a facebook post under the name "Talking AFL" who have posted that after the granny, all of the Adelaide cheer squad's equipment was stolen and damaged.
    It happened immediately after the game when the Richmond fans behind the cheer squad ran to the fence and forced them out of the way.
    The Adelaide cheer squad didn't have enough time to pack and grab their gear, hence it was stolen and destroyed. Most of the stuff was found outside the ground after the match.
    The cheer squads of the clubs use their own money (and fundraising) to buy this gear... plus their TIME and efforts.
    If the atmosphere at a game is quiet, they blame the cheer squad.
    Am I wrong in suggesting that this behaviour is just not right in any way, shape or form?
    It's deplorable behaviour.
    There should be huge respect for these dedicated people especially the losing team .

On a different note, My daughters American boyfriend is living with us and we are having to watch the USA baseball finals now.

If you like watching people chewing gum
    I guess it's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post

So @@@@@ is in the swear filter, but dick is not.

I like the idea that if you're the minor premier and you make the GF it's at your home ground, otherwise it can be at the MCG.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Not sure where to post it but CrownBet has us as premiership favourites for 2018 at $5.50, with Crows at $6 and GWS and Richmond tied at $7