Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 22 Demons v Swans Fri 16-Aug at MCG #AFLDeesSwans @sydneyswans

Brian chases Joey who sees him and takes off. Fastest I've seen him move for about 5 years. Cringe.

Veterans List
    Yey, the entire Rowbottom family has changed from Collingwood fans into Swans fans. Lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    While he was gibbering on in the third quarter, I was wondering what percentage of his attempts to be humorous, are actually funny. 5% maybe? Wouldn't be over 10%.
    I’m not a huge fan of BT , but he keeps it light and appeals to younger footy fans with his style . He’s the one commentator who tries to be a little bit different, and many (on here especially ) pan him for it. Can we lighten up a little ? I’ve heard far worse attempts at humour on here that don’t get the treatment they deserve .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I’m not a huge fan of BT , but he keeps it light and appeals to younger footy fans with his style . He’s the one commentator who tries to be a little bit different, and many (on here especially ) pan him for it. Can we lighten up a little ? I’ve heard far worse attempts at humour on here that don’t get the treatment they deserve .
    He's certainly more enjoyable while 'roaming' than he is commentating....and he's been good tonight (roaming). Easy to enjoy after a Swans win.....

He had a crack at Kizza about his future and got Joey Kennedy to say he thinks Buddy and Macca will both play next week.

Goes up to 11
    Geez the Dees are a dreadful rabble at the moment. We were good, but they were terrible.

Glad we won that. Tanking is not in our DNA.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Did no.12 really pay a free to Oliver for one of negligible pushes?? If the game was closer, he'd really be doing my head in.
    Oliver is a known stager and the umpire fell for it. The swans players let Oliver know it too.

That umpire #12 was frustrating the swans supporters around me and one yelled out that he should check the footage on the camera that he was wearing before paying a decision!

Unless Gold Coast get a generous priority pick, it looks like Melbourne will get pick 2. (Assuming that they haven't traded it away: I don't think they have). Pick 2 doesn't seem quite right, for a team that appears to have so much talent on paper. Could be a case of getting a boost in the future, for bad coaching now?

Anyway, nice to hear the song again. Plenty to like. I thought that Rowbottom probably did enough to get a rising star nomination. Our inside mids more than made up for Gawn's dominance in the ruck. While our Rampe and Mills led defence were very good all night. Hopefully Rampe will make the All-Australian team. On form, I think that he definitely should, but I do wonder if the selectors will hold some of his incidents against him?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Even Rampe and Mills got down there, but he did a Jetta dance as well
    Loved the dance 😊.

I have to give credit to the umpires for using common sense and not paying a free kick because all our defenders went to congratulate Bell and they didn't get back into position in time.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yey, the entire Rowbottom family has changed from Collingwood fans into Swans fans. Lovely!
    Have they had to leave Melbourne?

Senior Player
    Article just posted on Herald Sun
    Swans and GWS lowest free kick count this year - 87% and 88% each.

Pies 128% - and people say free kicks dont matter lol
    Yep Bulldogs 120%

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Loved the dance 😊.

I have to give credit to the umpires for using common sense and not paying a free kick because all our defenders went to congratulate Bell and they didn't get back into position in time.
    He does seem to be genuinely popular. On similar lines, a reason why I would like to see Menzel get another contract, is that he seems to be highly liked by our younger players going around in the NEAFL. When he got his first goal in his comeback NEAFL game, all of them swamped him. And when interviewed, a number of them have mentioned how good he's been, in things like practicing skills with them, going over footage and sharing knowledge.