Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 6: Sydney Swans Reserves v Gold Coast Suns Reserves @ Blacktown

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    It takes a huge amount of skill and ability to avoid doing anything for the whole game.
    No stats for the whole game!?? Maybe a goalpost went down and he stepped in to fill the breach?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Sometimes it's hard to tell from the stream but I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the field from the 2nd quarter onwards. Either that or he did a very good job of hiding his 200+cm frame in our forward line.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It's on live stream and hence also available for replay
    How do I access replay?

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    How do I access replay?
    It's on the NEAFL YouTube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/NorthEastAFL
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by 56-14 View Post
    How do I access replay?
    Same link as the live stream in the 2nd post of this thread.

MVP VOTES

9: Brandon Jack (Sydney)
    7: Abaina Davis (Sydney)
    4: Nic Newman (Sydney)
    3: Harry Marsh (Sydney)
    3: Ryan Davis (Gold Coast)
    2: Jack Hiscox (Sydney)
    2: Jack Leslie (Gold Coast)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Sometimes it's hard to tell from the stream but I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the field from the 2nd quarter onwards. Either that or he did a very good job of hiding his 200+cm frame in our forward line.
    I'm pretty sure I saw him lumbering around in the front half of the ground during stages of the second half. I didn't wind up making it to Blacktown but watched the replay. I did notice that he touched the ball at one point but not enough to take possession or rack up a disposal. Overall his performance was dismal. He really didn't seem to know what to do and was outmanoeuvred (sheesh, that's a hard word to spell!) and was hesitant when the ball came near him. He couldn't seem to take advantage of his height and seemed uncertain of his positioning at all times. Unless he shows a LOT more along the way this year I can't see us keeping him on, even allowing for the fact that rucks take a long time to develop. Still, I am basing this assessment solely on this game and it clearly wasn't a good one for him and maybe he had an excuse. Also I think the players around him need to be helping him out wherever they can by telling him where to go and what to do.

Sammy Naismith on the other hand was great to watch. I hope he can really build his form and fitness and be ready to get a debut if Sink or Tip gets injured. If we do ship off Dx and Gy then I suppose another ruck may be on our shopping list in the next off-season. We would still have 4 but that seems to be the bare minimum a club has/needs and we are still casting around for some depth in this area (hence our recruitment of Gy in the first place).

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Sammy Naismith ... be ready to get a debut
    Already happened. Against Richmond in round 23 of 2014.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Already happened. Against Richmond in round 23 of 2014.
    I liked what Ive seen of him this year, can see why he is rated by the coaching staff, just needs a good run with injuries and we could have a beauty on our hands.

The ressies generally have been very good this year, lots to look forward to, particularly the Irishman off HB.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I liked what Ive seen of him this year, can see why he is rated by the coaching staff, just needs a good run with injuries and we could have a beauty on our hands.
    From what I've seen, and it is only via streaming from 12,000km's away, is that he doesn't give 100% - 100% of the time. He picks and chooses.

Otherwise he looks a likely type.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

O'Riordan is the most exciting player in the ressies atm.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

And how @@@@ing quick is Wilson???

- - - Updated - - -

Has Newman superseded Marsh???

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast